"How so?"

"You don't obey the law, so why would you want to study it?"

"It was an old interest, it wouldn't make much sense if I was still interested. But after all, I was just answering your question," he teases. My finger traces over a crack in the table, as I look back up at him.

"I would be a criminal," I answered. I was only expecting him to ask me the same question, based on our conversation already. His smirk grows.

"That's bullshit," he scoffs playfully.

"It's true! I'm just being more honest with my answer," I exclaimed. Harry chuckles, shaking his head. I spot a dimple popping from his cheek. Could he get any more attractive?

"What's your childhood like," he asks suddenly. The question itself was serious but he still had his dimpled smile.

My forehead wrinkles. "That's a quick change in questions," I commented. I take a long sip from my shake. I try to focus on the cookies and cream taste instead of the many flashbacks of my childhood rushing through my mind.

"I suppose, but I want to know you. Pretty well too," Harry hums. His shake is gone, only the whip cream was left, sitting at the bottom of his cup.

"I'm not sure if I'm comfortable talking about it." It's not like I didn't want to spend hours talking to Harry but maybe about a different topic. I haven't talked to anyone about the things that happened. Not that it's entirely bad but I don't like thinking about it. Especially now, when I have found so many new things out about my life that I haven't known before. Like at one point I could have met my mother but the person I thought as a mother killed her before I had the chance because they are as crazy as my father.

"That's fine. I guess I was a little harsh with that question. It's not like I was looking for every detail though," Harry answers, scrunching his nose. I smile lightly, because I find him semi cute and I found him making me smile no matter what I do.

"I just don't know what to say. It's not like it was bad either. Not like yours anyway," I muttered. I took one last sip on my milkshake before pushing it in the middle of the table with Harry's empty cup.

"What is that supposed to mean," Harry asks, a little harshly. My cheeks warm as I realize how I must have sounded. Although, I don't know what to say to fix the problem.

"You know," I say, trailing off. Harry's eyebrows raise, his lips thinning into a straight line.

"No, Louis. I don't know."

"Harry," I sigh. "I was just trying to say my childhood isn't full of trauma or anything. It's not as harsh as yours, based on what you told me," I say softly. Harry's eyes flare, but not in the nice way I'm used to. A lump forms in my throat, and I find myself pressing my hands into my thighs.

"What are you even talking about," he spits. I become slightly rigid, I lick my lips.

"Nothing I guess." Although my tone is much harsher than I wanted it to be. Why am I mad? I couldn't possibly be mad at Harry. I had to be mad at myself for being stupid. But if Harry never asked that question none of this would be happening.

"God Louis, you ruin everything don't you," Harry spits, standing from his booth. He snatches his cup off the table. I'm also standing quickly.

"What are you talking about Harry," I demanded, taking my own cup. I race after Harry who's near the trash throwing away his garbage.

"We were having a decent time and you fucking ruined it," he barks. The bell rings as he barges through the door. I smile sheepishly to the couple he almost smacks in the face with the door before dashing after him.