Chapter 48: Barnes

Start from the beginning

"No sign of him?" You asked him. Thor pressed his lips together and looked down at the fluffy grass.

"Not one." He whispered sadly. You sighed loudly and then looked up to meet his gaze.

It was time to move on.

"I'm glad you're here Thor." You said as you placed a hand to his arm. He smiled.

"I am your greatest friend, aren't i?" He flaunted. You rolled your eyes and smiled.

"The best." You whispered. His eyes glanced behind you to the two men talking by the tree. You turned and noticed his glances between Bucky and Stephen.

"They've been taking care of me while you've been gone." You stated, watching the two men. Thor smiled and looked back to you.

"I approve." He joked. Glaring at him, you punched his shoulder and shook your head.

"It's not like that." You stated embarrassingly.

"Isn't it though?" He whispered. You shot him another glare. He laughed and looked out over the compounds field.

"The people miss their Queen." He says avoiding the glare. You smile and look away.

"I'm not ready to go back just yet." You whispered. He nods and looks around.

"They'll be waiting my Queen." He laughs and smiled as he walked back to the compound.

You smiled at his comment.

After all this time, you are still technically the Queen of Asgard. You had almost forgotten.

Almost.

After you let a moment pass, you turned around and noticed the two men talking loudly about something, clearly arguing as per usual.

You rolled your eyes and walked back to them. They both quickly smiled as Bucky handed out his hand, helping you sit down on the grass.

"What's on your mind?" Bucky asked. You looked up at him and then down at the food in front of you.

"Oh no- nothing, I'm just happy." You smiled slightly. Bucky nudged Stephens shoulder, who rolled his eyes at him.

"I haven't felt like this in awhile and I don't know it's just..." you paused and looked up to meet their gaze.

"Refreshing." You said with a smile.

It's true, with Stephen and Bucky, you felt like yourself again, like you could breathe.

They were the breath of fresh air you've been longing for.

Some time later, the night began to fall, the sun slowly setting, the clouds a beautiful orange and pink. While the sky contrasts the clouds with purples and amazing blues.

You sighed.

"Thank you guys..." you whispered. They both looked to you. Admiring your gaze at the sky.

After some time, laughing, eating, talking, admiring, you all begin to pack the objects and remains of your dinner away. You all walked back to the compound and separated ways.

-Time jump- the next day.

It was around 12:30 in the afternoon, you sat reading a book on your bed, Natasha sat in your desk chair while she scrolled on her phone.

Gentle knocks on the door caused both of your gazes to look towards the recipient.

Your eyes flashed slightly at the sight.

Short brown hair, which sat perfectly. Enticing, piercing blue eyes. Black leather jacket, a tight dark blue shirt.

A glove, covering his metal arm.

Bucky.

"Could we have a moment?" He asks, as he peeks through the doorway. Natasha looked from you then to Bucky. She slyly smirked and headed for the door.

"Don't have too much fun." She smirked. You glared at her and threw a pillow her way as she quickly shut the door.

Barnes smiled slightly before sitting on your bed next to you. You looked to him before he cleared his throat.

"Stark is throwing a party. To keep your mind off of everything." He started. You shook her head and smiled slightly at your hands.

"And I have a feeling you'd rather be somewhere else." He whispered. You looked to him and nodded.

"The last place I want to be right now is at a party." You said casually. He smirked at the thought and then stood.

"Why don't we go somewhere?" He extended a hand out. You looked up at him and took it.

You quickly grabbed your leather jacket off the chair and headed out into the city. Once again taking deep breaths.

The freshest air you've had in months.