Chapter 34

Naruto's POV

"Kakashi, you told me that you were coming back this week." I whine as I'm in a phone call with Kakashi who is still overseas. Kakashi says,"My shoot was being delayed for the bad weather, this is not in my hands Naruto."

"Are you still in a phone call?" Naruto hears another voice from the other side. Kakashi says turning back to me after giving the person counter,"I'm going to hang up. Just bear with the Uchihas for a little and I'll be coming back soon." Saying that he hangs up immediately.

"Naruto, heat the food up." Sakura's voice came floating into my room. She's staying over here for a few days and making me rather surprised that she doesn't even feel obligated to help me doing any kind of chores.

Sasuke and Itachi is useless if anyone asks me. They'd just burn the entire building just to boil an egg. I stomp my foot on the ground feeling anger bloating inside me.

Then I take enough air inside me to calm my nerves down. All I did these days staying in this room is to talk to myself standing in front of the mirror and mutter,"Calm yourself Naruto."

Being the weekend nobody thought about going outside. I'm surprised to see Itachi not going out of this already cramped apartment with just one extra person. I always have to remind me sometimes that I'm a guest too. I'm no different than Sakura.

"That Yahiko guy of your school." Sakura speaks. "What's about him?" Sasuke says. Sakura says,"He's like my regular customer nowadays. So I thought about knowing about him a little." Sasuke says,"Ask Itachi. He is being interactive with him a lot."

Turning to Itachi Sakura was waiting for Itachi to let out a word. Itachi replies,"I'm not obligated to you to give you any kind of information." Sakura's face scrunches. She says,"I never expected to learn about him from you anyway."

Sakura turns to me after that and her face has that mischievous grin on it. She says,"How about you Naruto? You both are in some sort of club." I don't feel like answering her. Heck, I can't even stand her sight.

I tell her trying my best to act rude,"At first you have to tell me what type of business you are talking about." Sakura says,"Why? Are you interested to know about my whereabouts?" I tell her,"Of course not. I'm just curious."

Sakura says,"Sorry but I don't trust you yet to slip any kind of information about me in front of you." After finishing the sentence with so much prideful remarks, she just shrugs her shoulders annoyingly. What did I do to find myself being stuck among these self centered teens?
.
.
.
.
Sasuke is nowhere to be seen today as well along with Sakura. This has become like a daily occurrence. I catch myself sighing over the fact like this is the saddest thing ever.

Since when did I start worrying about Sasuke's presence? Actually to tell the truth, I never stopped worrying about him. All I did was to lie to myself thinking I won over my stupid feelings for him.

"How foolish."
"What did you say?" I startled hearing Sai asking me. I was muttering things unconsciously. I tell him waving it off,"Nevermind." Sai looks worried somewhat. He says with his eyebrows furrowed,"You seem off nowadays. Are you okay at home?"

How could I forget that Sai is quick to catch my mood swings? Sai may appear as a seemingly dumb person but observing him so closely anyone can tell that he's intelligent. He just doesn't catch sometimes what is going on between two persons and that's all. You know what I am talking about.

I tell him,"Everything is alright. I think I just need a change of weather." Sai nudges his shoulder against me and says smirking,"Do you want to go on a vacation? To the sea? Just the two of us?" I cringe and tell him pushing him away,"Stop being gross!"