First Time In Shorts

Request for lukelovesEmma

Living in a relatively cold and wet part of the country conditioned you to wearing pretty conservative looking clothes. You weren't a prude, just cold.

It wasn't until hunting became a part of your life that you ever had cause to travel. And of course, when you went you took with you all of your jeans and leggings. Not a single pair of shorts. You hadn't really needed any so far, as it was fall and winter your first six months of hunting with the famous Winchesters. But now, Southern California in late May a wardrobe change was a definite necessity.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked his brother as he grabbed the keys.

"Out," Dean replied frustratedly. You felt a little guilty but you got up and grabbed your wallet and put on your flip flops.

"And where are you going?" Sam cried in an exasperated tone.

"I'm sorry Sam, but I have to go to the thrift store across the street. I'm going to get cooked if I wear these winter clothes any longer,"

"Ugh! Fine fine, go ahead," he turned back to the ancient book he was combing over.

"Come on Sammy, if I don't do this I'll get heat stroke and die. I bring something home for you... What do you want?" You offered.

"Just stop by the grocery store, pick up some stuff for Dean he's gonna have one hell of a hang over tomorrow,"

"I'm not worried about Dean just now. I asked what you want,"

He smiled at you, clearly appreciative of your kindness. "Alright, when you get the groceries tonight can you see what kind of fruit they have? Something nice a fresh. I'm sick of fast food,"

"Sure, I can do that," you say running a hand through his long hair. You kiss his forehead and leave without another word.

It's funny, both Sam and Dean think you like the other one. Sam liked you back, but Dean just loves you like family. Neither of them have figured out who you like, so you have fun gently teasing both.

You crossed the street and went into the thrift shop going straight for the ladies section in your size.

After an hour of browsing, trying on, and exchanging you had 6 new pairs of shorts, tank tops, flip flops, and a new sun dress.

You took your bag of clothes with you to the little supermarket to buy all the stuff to make dinner and for road snacks and the apples for Sam.

You couldn't help but look at yourself in the reflection of the window. Your new shorts looked very good on you, you liked how your legs looked.

When you opened the door to the motel room that evening, Dean was already koncked out on one bed. Sam was sat down on the couch, rubbing his temple.

"Hi Sam," you whispered, you didn't want to wake Dean. Sam got up to help you with the bags, he didn't notice your new look just yet. When he set everything down on the table, he looked at you then stopped and gaped at your transformation. You were always beautiful, but now you looked cute and summery.

"Wow (y/n), you- you look fantastic," he got out.

You blushed, and began pulling out the ingredients you bought for dinner. "Thank you,"

"Feel better?" He asked regaining himself.

"Yeah, it's freeing. I like it," you replied, setting a pan on the stove.

"Well, ya look great," he said as you began chopping onions.

"Dear god, just kiss her already," came a surely voice.

"Dean?" You asked, looking behind you. Dean had propped himself up on his elbows so he could see what was going on.

"For the love of God, Sam. Kiss her," he garbled on his words.

"I... Ugh..."

"Oh come on. You two are such infants. You love each other. Mush your lips together and admit it already," Dean flopped back onto the pillow.

You laughed out loud at his mumbling. And then turned to Sam,

"we don't have to if you don-mrf"

Sam pressed you against the counter firmly but in a gentle manner. You melted into the kiss this is what you had wanted.

You pulled away, and held the back of his neck with one hand. "If this is what I get for wearing shorts, I should have made the switch a long time ago,"

Sam laughed and kissed you again.

Dean rolled over and shouted "Finally!" Into his pillow.