Inosuke couldn't move an inch without feeling the zippy zappy of pain and agony throughout his body. Therefore, he gave in to your idea to rest for a while.

"Okay..."

Hearing him say that made you smile. 

"I'll see you in the hospital." Standing up you moved forward quickly to find more demons in the mountain and the other remaining Demon Slayers. 

Leaving Inosuke to rest peacefully without any disturbance.

"CAW! IM BACK!"

"Motherfu—"

~~

Now, where are the others? You stood by a tree branch, surveying the quiet area and taking in the breeze, listening for anything from far away and focusing on your hearing.

It was silent and cold.

Bugs were everywhere inside the thick and dark forest making sorts of sounds at night.

Then the sound of a sword slashing somewhere in the distance, someone was fighting a demon, a strong one at that. 

Got you. Jumping from your place, the branch broke while you boosted yourself to the air towards that sound. Safely land at the ground level as you arrived at your destination.

Surprised to be met with Tanjiro cutting the demon's neck with his broken katana. Flames were set ablaze from the blade as you stood there in shock and see the demon head flying off.

Leaving Tanjiro collapsing to the ground alongside the demon's headless body.

You blinked three times, still processing what happened before realizing that Tanjiro, aka your beloved kohai, defeated a demon that caused havoc in Natagumo mountain.

"HOLY MACARONI! TANJIRO YOU DID IT! YOU DECAPITATED THE CHILD!" You excitedly run towards Tanjiro's unmoving body that flinched hearing you scream that.

"Wha— Y/n-chan?"

"Yes, tis' me. Your savior." Sparkles around you appeared, making Tanjiro stare at your blinding form.

"Can you move?"

The burgundy boy shuffled from his place a bit, trying to move his limbs and it hurt a lot.

"A bit, is my sister okay?"

"Hold on a moment."

Turning away from Tanjiro, you examine Nezuko who was lying on the floor not far from her brother, sleeping in an uncomfortable position that you wouldn't bother to fix.

"She's covered with cuts, but she'll recover quickly." You said. Relieved to see the cuts around her body slowly but surely fading away.

"Thank god." The boy let his body go limp for a second to relax making you startled by the sudden action.

"Woah, don't die on me—"

You quickly turned back, to see the demon's headless body stand up from the ground making your hand instinctively hold the handle of your katana. Eyes sharpening at one of the demon's eyes.

Rui, the lower moon five, is standing right in front of you.

"Did you think you'd beaten me? Too bad, because you are dead wrong, bitch." His hand pulled strings from the tips of his fingers, bringing his head up so he could reattach it back to his neck.

"Woah, language mister."

"Before he could cut my head off I used myself to cut it off myself!" Rui retorted irritated by Tanjiro's stunt.