The misadventures of Emma-Jean

The misadventures began when Emma-Jean broke a mirror on Friday, the 13th. The day started out bad; first, she slammed her hand on her maple dresser, hoping to hit the snooze button on her blaring alarm clock. She just had to slam the dresser as hard as she possibly could.

Screaming with the agony from the bureau, she groggily faced the day's torture: picking out an outfit for the dreaded school dance. The dance was only in two entire weeks!

On top of that, Emma-Jean was having a rotten day. Her younger sister, "The Genius-Nerd-Know-It-All," AKA Mandy, just kept pestering Emma-Jean, and pushed her over the edge. Emma-Jean spread some awfully nasty rumors about Mandy that, much to her surprise, spread like a wildfire. The rumors absolutely ruined Mandy's life!

Emma-Jean was a nice girl. She was pretty, popular, and was hardworking. Alas, her only fault was her temper, which caused her, on this, the 13th of August, (Friday, of course) to break a brilliantly shiny, gold-encrusted mirror!

She broke it while playing basketball. The basketball bounced off the backboard, and hit the garage door. Next, the ball bounced back up to meet the hoop. Then, it bounded off the rim, and crashed into Emma-Jean's room, causing the mirror to break into a million pieces (shattered, of course)

That day was the first, of many, to come.

P.S.

I'm not kidding about the million pieces. I counted!!