[28]

— Bradley, I am pregnant.

4 words that made time stop completely and Bradley's mind spin 1000 rpm/s. Now it all made sense "This time it's different Bradley" Natali's words echoed in his head, the side hug Gaga gave when he arrived, the sweatshirt immeasurably bigger than she used to wear.

And that would be the end, there was nothing more to do, he lost her. Bradley wanted to be pissed off or something, but when he snapped out of his trance he looked at her, and she was beaming with a shy smile and her hand stroking her stomach. That typical gesture that pregnant women begin to do as soon as they discover pregnancy.

How could he be upset and saddened by the preciousness in front of him when she hadn't done anything wrong, just fulfilled an old wish of his heart.

Gaga noted that he was sincere, even though she knew him and saw a hint of sadness in that look.

— Stef, Stefani - he corrected himself - Wow, I don't even know what to say. Just congratulations, I know how much you've yearned for a baby, you're going to be an amazing mom. This child is very lucky to have you.

Gaga couldn't say anything, the emotion slipping from her eyes as she remembered all the nights they'd talked about being able to date in public, getting married, having kids.

Bradley lowered his head. — I'm sorry, I'm sorry I came here and disrespected your home, your family. Forgive me for this, I promise I won't bother you anymore.

All that confidence that 'today would be all or nothing' was gone. It wasn't fair, she now had a child and he knew she would be the most important thing in Gaga's life. Because he understood this love, he felt it for Lea.

He made no move to hug her, just nodded, gave her a small smile, grabbed his car keys and walked out the garden door.

Was it the end? Could not! He couldn't leave that way. Gaga ran to the door and saw Bradley in the middle of the garden heading towards his car.

— Bradley! Stop, wait please.

Bradley stopped, but he couldn't face her and look at everything he'd lost. He started walking again.

— BRADLEY, YOU'RE THE dad- On the last word the tone muffled completely, but it was enough to make Bradley stop opening the car door.

He turned to her and found her with her head leaning against the door giving her the kindest smile she could muster.

Was he going crazy??? Did he hear what he heard?

Gaga went towards him who was still frozen.

She took his icy hand — B radley we need to talk.

— I don't know if I heard right, Stefani I...

— Yes, Bradley! You are the dad of this child. Please let's talk inside.

Gaga pulled him back into the living room and got a glass of sugar water for Bradley, he couldn't stop shivering.

— Sorry. Please forgive me. I shouldn't have told you that way. - Gaga was making an absurd force to be squatting in front of him.

Bradley tugged on her arm so that she sat beside him. — Please have a seat Stefani.

Gaga sat next to him, never taking her eyes off his face, noticing how surprised he was, obviously, but also how there was a hint of annoyance. "He didn't want this child?" She would have anyway, but it ached to know he would reject the child.

— Bradley, I know you must have a lot of questions.

— Yes I have. First, I don't want you to think I'm discrediting you or anything, but How you...