The Demon Who Showed Up Late

Start from the beginning

"Heh... Sounds like a belligerent race. Are all demons like your parents?" Gera asked.

"Not really. They said most demons are muscle-brain idiots who know nothing but fighting, oppressing and believing that might is right, while there are those who are whimsical in there actions. Sometimes those whimsical demons would act nice to you but the next thing you know, you're dead because you said something you shouldn't have. Demons like those are generally confident in their strength like Diablo-sama, Testarossa-sama, Ultima-sama, Carrera-sama and their respective archdemon adjutants, as for other demons, you won't know until you've met them yourself."

"Uwah~ sounds like those guys are a pain to deal with. You think we might summon someone like that?"

"I wouldn't worry about it really."

"And what makes you think that?"

"It's because the summoning circle we will be using today can only summon weak lesser demons. And depending on how it goes, almost none of us will be able to summon a demon and form a contract. Because if there is one thing demons all have in common, it's their pride as powerful beings. They will never respect and follow anyone weaker than them... Well, unless you're a demon and a citizen of Tempest of course, hihihi." Sera smiled to the two people whom she regarded as true friends despite the gap in their respective strength.

'So, demons don't respect those weaker than them, huh?' pondered Langley to herself. 'Makes sense since they came from that dog eats dog world from what Sera-san described.'

'So if I challenge them into a duel and win, will they respect me and become my familiar?' Langley felt excited if such a case could happen.

The class had eventually reached outside into the practical field. It was a wide open space faraway from the important facilities of the academy covered by a large barrier that can prevent harm from coming to anyone in the field. Thereby guaranteeing a safe place where students can experiment on dangerous spells or duel with deadly intentions.

The professor of the demonology class, an old witch name Jean, cleared her throat as she stood on the stage and spoke.

"Now class, listen up. Tempest Academy is probably the only academy in the world that's open-minded enough to let us meet possibly the worst beings to have plagued this world. The demon kind! No offense to the demon lass over there but we humans have a pretty rough history with them before the Tempest Federation came into existence. Hope you can forgive me."

"Hihihi, none taken, professor!"

"Good, see that, kids? That's the kind of demons you should pray to lord Rimuru-sama and Goddess Lumina-sama if you want to live the tale of encountering a real legitimate demon from their natural habitat. The kind of demon that will let a small offense slide like Ultima-sama, are who you should be wishing that will come to answer your summons."

"Yeah yeah, hey professor, don't worry about it. If the demon gets rowdy, we'll just beat it into submission, right guys?" a young man with tanned skin wearing light armor and a sword on his waist said to the crowd with bravado.

"Yeah, you're absolutely right!" one guy from the crowd said and the rest nodded naively.

"Shut your trap, Karl! Have you learn nothing from my class!" Professor Jean glared daggers at the young man and berated him. "I can't stress this enough but you have no clue what kind of evil thing could spawn from that hell. You may think they should be no different from the demons under Rimuru-sama but you're sorely mistaken! The demons in Tempest are generally well-behaved because they serve a powerful God who is kind to all of us! Humans and monsters alike. While the bastards down there probably never heard of Rimuru-sama until they arrive so they will act as they see fit! Remember! Demons from hell are not your friends! Only those who serve Rimuru-sama are worth befriending! So, you best mean it if you can take down a lesser demon all on your own cause so God help me, even I won't be able to save you from them! Do I make myself clear?!"