Abe

135:30:21 hours left before the wedding

Light shone on my face.

This was one of the reasons why I hated being a light sleeper. Even the slightest movement would immediately wake me up, even if I'm already deep into my slumber.

This was precisely the reason blackout curtains was the best invention known to man.

I slowly opened my eyes and felt a weight on my chest, making me realize that Sadie was indeed sleeping beside me and that the entire night happened.

It definitely wasn't a dream anymore.

Once I moved my arm, Sadie moaned and stretched her arms.

She then looked up at with her one eye slightly opened, before flashing me a cute smile.

"Good morning" she greeted

"Good morning" I answered. "Sorry, I must've woken you up"

"The disadvantages of being a light sleeper. But it's cool" she answered as she closed her eyes and snuggled closer to me.

"Any plans for today?" I asked.

Before she could answer, however, there was a loud knock on the door, making the both of us sit up in panic.

"Sadie? Wake up love!" Katherine knocked. My eyes immediately darted to the door and sighed in relief when I saw that I had locked it last night.

"I'm up, mum" Sadie answered

"Hurry up and get ready! The moving van's already here" Katherine said before we heard her walk away.

We both sighed in relief and laid back down.

"Moving van?" I asked

"I'm picking up the remaining stuff from the house and sayonara house! Yeet!" She said as she imitated someone shooting a three-pointer. I let out a small laugh

"I didn't know you drive" I said

"Girl, I have a car back in LA." She answered "Although, I think it's gonna be confusing driving while sitting in what's supposed to be the passenger seat"

I rolled my eyes at her, stopping myself from making a comment about how US wanted to be so quirky they use 'miles' instead of 'kilometers' and so on.

"You're not gonna miss it?" I asked

"Not even a bit" she said before leaning to kiss me and got up to get ready.

I took a deep breath and began putting my clothes on as well.

As she got ready in the bathroom, I peeped and told her I was gonna sneak back into my room and she could just knock when she leaves.

Sadie soon left, leaving me without any idea what to do for the day so I decided to go back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Once I woke up, the first thing I noticed was how messy my room looked.

I grabbed my phone to check my phone, and upon seeing that I had just slept for three hours and it wasn't even lunch time, I decided to clean up my room.

And I was super into cleaning my room that I completely missed lunch until one of the maids knocked on my door and brought me food.

I stopped and ate lunch for a bit.

As I chewed on my food and let my eyes wander around the mess that was sprawled in my room, my eyes landed on the only book left on the shelf above my study desk.