"I try, I try."

She was so happy to see him, she didn't even notice the third menu on the table next to him.

"So what's been goin' on?" He asked her.

"Not much, really. Working and trying to have somewhat of a social life. What about you Mr. Traveler?"

He chuckled. "Same, just workin' and trying to get some things started–"

"Oh, there she is!"

Kaiya looked up to see that familiar face that she fought so hard not to roll her eyes at.

Alexis, Quincy's girlfriend of over a year made her way over to the table and sat down. Kaiya never cared for Alexis but she put up with her for Quincy's sake and the feelings were definitely mutual, no matter how fake Alexis tried to be.

 Kaiya never cared for Alexis but she put up with her for Quincy's sake and the feelings were definitely mutual, no matter how fake Alexis tried to be

"Kaiya, I feel like I haven't seen you in so long. How are you?"

Kaiya gave a fake smile. "I'm good and you?"

"I'm good."

"Good."

The awkward silence that swept over them was loud on it's own but thankfully a waiter came to break it up alittle. They all ordered their drinks and food before Kaiya spoke again.

"So how was Paris?"

But before Quincy could speak, Alexis cut in. "Oh it was so beautiful! The food, the architecture, the people. It was so romantic. Right, babe?"

"Yeah, it was real nice. You would've loved it, Kai." He said but looked at her with apologetic eyes when he seen the annoyance in hers.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

Breakfast wasn't quite as fun as she hoped since Alexis felt the need to interject into their conversations so many times. But Kaiya was good and bit her tongue as she threw back two Mimosas.

When they were finished, Quincy paid and they got up to leave. Alexis said she had somewhere to be so she gave Quincy an unecessarily long kiss that made Kaiya want to throw up and then said her goodbyes.

Once she was gone, Kaiya started walking in the direction of her car and Quincy followed.

"You mad at me, huh?"

"Not mad, more so annoyed. You could've told me she was coming."

"I didn't think you would've came if I did. And I didn't even invite her, she just showed up!"

"Of course I would've came, Quincy. I wanted to see you. But next time, just say that she's tagging along so I can get drunk before I leave the house."

He laughed. "Yeah I seen you downing them mimosa's. Can you even drive? You want me to take you home?"

She waved him off, unlocking her car door. "Boy bye, those two lil drinks didn't do anything. I'm fine."

He held his hands up in surrender. "Aight then. Also, I'm sorry that I been MIA for the past couple weeks–"

"I was just joking when I called you a stranger, Quincy. We're not in highschool anymore. We're adults who have work and mental issues and relationships and our own lives. It's okay."

"I know. I just feel like lately we haven't been as close. And I just wanna let you know you're still a very important person in my life and our friendship means alot to me. So if theres anything you wanna talk about, we can."

"Meaning?"

"Anything you wanna get off your chest, even if you think it'll hurt my feelings or whatever."

She thought about it. But she honestly didn't want to talk about what was really on her mind. Atleast not right now in the parking lot of a restaurant.

"Nothing right this second. Do you have some things you wanna get off your chest?"

He shook his head. "Nah."

"Okay then, so we're good."

"Okay." He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "What time do you have to be at work?"

"In like an hour. I don't wanna go though." She pouted.

"Gotta get to the bag."

"I know." She sighed loudly and he laughed, pulling her into another hug and kissing her forehead.

"Love you, Kiwi."

She felt her cheeks heat up. "Love you, too."

"Drive safe."

He opened her door for her and once she was settled in, he closed it, waving to her as she drove off.

________________________________________________

Listen, I know this felt rusty and all over the place but that's cause I am rusty and all over the place😩 I was sick of looking at this being unfinished though so I tied it up as best as I could.

Thankyou for reading 🥰