"seul!" little did iseul know, there was no escaping the plot of a kdrama when you're living in one. "what are you doing here? you're gonna miss the game!" soojin exclaimed as she caught up to the girl. iseul mentally sighed, wondering just how on earth the universe aligned to always inconvenience her.

"i was just on my way." she lied as soojin hooked her arm through hers.

"great, let's go together." she smiled, as iseul returned it before the two of them headed towards the gym.

"but didn't you have classes today?" iseul questioned, remembering her mentioning that she wouldn't be able to make it today because of them. soojin smiled, placing a finger against her lips.

"i ditched, i didn't want to miss the game." she confessed, a giggle escaping her lips. iseul smiled, knowing that she would do the same back home. anything to get away from her supplementary classes, no matter how much trouble she always got into, there was nothing that would make her stay an extra two hours after school for more learning. "ah, its about to start!" they made it to the bleachers, easily finding sooa in her costume at the front, cheering on the warm up games the boys were playing.

iseul took notice of seojun immediately, watching as he dribbled the ball around, shooting hoops with his teammates. however, she noticed how different he seemed that no one else seemed to take mind of. 

the game began when suho finally showed up, however it felt like it went by quickly. iseul didn't even realise but she had been watching seojun the whole time, subconsciously cheering him when he was about to take a shot, but she realised that his head wasn't in the game. she couldn't help but blame herself for their team losing. 

"poor seojun, didn't it seem like he wasn't focused at all?"

"right? he doesn't seem like himself."

iseul glanced over at the group of boys next to her, recognising them as seojun's friends who he was always with. if even his friends are noticing, then it must be obviously bothering him. iseul thought to herself, silently following behind her friends as they made their way out of the bleachers. she glanced back at seojun, watching as he stood in the middle of the court, panting for breath as his gaze remained on the floor. stood at the side of the court by the benches was yeosang, who caught her eye as she walked away. iseul turned her head away as soon as their eyes met, unable to bring herself to return the boy's smile. but why does it bother him so much? 

-

"where's iseul?" 

"han seojun?" sooa stared at the boy in confusion, wondering why he'd be looking for her friend. "why are you looking for her?" she questioned, but she already had an idea of why he was looking for her, even if he was going to deny it.

"if you're not going to tell me―"

"she went home early." sooa quickly answered, grabbing his attention back. "she left early saying that she didn't feel good, but if you run, you should be able to catch up to her." she advised, sending the boy a knowing smile. 

"i-it's not like that!" he exclaimed before turning away, walking off into the opposite direction off the school grounds. it had already gotten dark as most of the students sat at the courtyard, watching the performance. however, seojun didn't care for what was left of the festival, hurrying his pace out of the campus and in the direction of iseul's home.

༺ ...loading... ༻