He shook his head again and pinched his cheeks several times, but it was impossible to fight against the growing drowsiness.

In the end, Zach lowered his head and fell into a light sleep.

---

Khione opened her eyes, feeling stuffy. She realized thPat her head was on Zach's shoulder and he is hugging her.

With Zach still sleeping, she gently removed his arm away from her.

She looked again outside the window and saw a peaceful village which is not so far away from their location.

A small grin formed on her lips. With an evil thought on her mind.

"That peaceful village will soon be filled with blood and screams."

The carriage stops as soon as they arrived.

Zach woke up when he feels their means of transport stops. He looked at Khione and saw her putting a black mask covering the lower half of her face. She gave him the other one that she's holding for him to use.

"What's this for?" He asked while looking at the mask he's holding

"No traces should be left nor seen" she answered then immediately went outside.

Zach also put the mask on and went after her.

They walked in the middle of village and that made the mundane's attention turn to them.

One of the villagers who's wearing a cap with a sheriff written on it approached Khione.

"Outsiders are not welcome here." He said in a very unwelcoming tone. Two of the villagers that seems to be under him also approached her.

"Sheriff, tignan mo naman yung balat niya. Sayang naman kung papaalisin natin." The guy with a long hair said with lust in his eyes while the other guy who is bald touched Khione's hair and smelled it.

"Ang bango sheriff, pwedeng samin na lang to?"

Because of what the bald guy did, Zach pulled his hands away from her and pushed him on the ground. "Don't you fuckin dare put your dirty hands on her." He warned and went to Khione to wipe the hair that was touched.

"Eh ang yabang naman pala nitong isang to sheriff, paalisin na natin yan at iwan natin tong isa." The long haired guy said and went to Khione to grab her but as soon as his hand touched her porcelain skin, his whole body stops.

"Oh anong anong nangyari sayo? Kunin mo na siya." The bald guy said as he was now standing on the ground.

Blood dripped down from the long haired guy's chest because of the sharp ice that pierced through it and created and hole.

As soon as the bald guy turn his gaze to his buddy, the long haired guy fall to the ground bathing in his own blood.

The sheriff as well as the bald guy and the villagers are shocked. Some of them screamed and ran away. The village is now filled with chaos just like what Khione wanted.

"You bitch! Bat mo pinatay yung kasama ko!" He shouted and charged towards her but was suddenly stopped because a number of ice looking like a spear was headed towards him. It was too late for him to avoid them, the ice spears pierced through his body created a hole. The bald guy now looked like a cheese with holes.

The next man that Khione targeted was the sheriff but he's already beheaded by Zach.

"That one's mine Zach." She said and was started to get irritated by what he did.

"I'm just making your job easier Khione." He said and went to the other villagers but was suddenly stop by the big ice barrier that was created by Khione.

"Oh please Khione, let me handle this mission!" He shouted but she didn't gave any mind to what he said and started to throw ice spears to the villagers whether it's a man, a woman or a child.

"This job is mine to finish Zach." She said in a very cold tone.

An evil smile formed on her lips as she went to each houses to kill mundanes.

Zach tried to break the ice barrier to save some of the mundanes especially women and children while Khione is busy killing the others.

When he finally breaks the barrier he immediately went to the houses opposite from where Khione is having a killing spree.

A family shouted when they saw Zach entering their house, they were holding small knives and pans to protect themselves.

"I'm not here to kill you, I'm here to help you escape for as much as I can." He said to calm them down but he failed because they didn't even believe in him.

"Kung gusto mo kami makatakas, pigilan mo yung kasama mo na gusto kaming patayin." The eldest of the family said.

Zach sighed and answered them." I can't stop her, she's too powerful and.............I don't want to hurt her."

"Ibig sabihin hindi mo talaga kami ililigtas!" The woman who must be the mother in their family said angrily.

"I didn't come here to save you, I just don't want her to have regrets in the end and suffer from her conscience. The truth is I can kill you in her stead." He said and looked at them with his cold eyes.

The family began to tremble in fears and are now trying to call for help.

"That won't change anything." Zach said as a sword made of sand started to form on his hand.

Instead of swaying the sword towards the family, he aimed it at the wall to create a hole for them to escape.

"Now go, don't look back and just go." He said to them.

The family started to run towards the hole to escape, when he is convinced that all of them have escaped he sighed in relief and went to the door to save other families.

A number of claps make Zach stops in his pace, he turned around and saw Khione full of the villager's blood standing in front of the hole where the family escaped.

"So you broke my barrier Zach......" she said with a very cold tone, eyes looking sharp gazing at Zach. ".....you really are strong and I'm not against it." She said looking at him like she is giving him warnings. "What I'm against about is that your interference in my mission."

Zach swallowed his saliva and made a sound in his throat because of the look that Khione is giving him.

She stared at her bloodied hand and felt inclined to smile. Her reflection showed a beautiful lady devoid of expression.

"But sorry to tell you Zach.." an evil smile started to form on her red lips.

"....you failed" she took the head of the eldest of the family that she beheaded and threw it in front of him.

Zach looked at the head that is now on the ground, bathing on its own blood.

"I really failed to stop her." He said in his mind.

***

Another chapter is now available, thank you for patiently waiting and for your support my dear readers!

KillerKnight