"Kierra, we're going to eat now!" I heard a woman shouting from afar. 

"Wait, I have to go! See you again!" Kumaway siya sa akin at tumakbo na. Ang kulit naman noon. Napailing na lang ako at naglakad na lang ulit pabalik sa lobby. Mukhang tapos na mag-asikaso sina Mommy ng check-in. 

They gave me my own room but it was connected to my mom and her boyfriend's room. I had a view of the sea, which I really loved. After unpacking my things, we went out to eat, and then I took a nap. 

At night, I took out my phone to play games while leaving the television on. "Ledezma Group rising in the hotel and resort industry..." I stopped playing when I heard the surname. My eyes immediately went to the television and saw my dad's face. He looked so presentable and calm during the interview. The total opposite of how he was in reality. 

"Shan?" I finished the game immediately when my mom's boyfriend knocked on my door before going inside. I looked at him and raised my brows, waiting for him to talk. "I heard you want to go back to Manila for highschool..." He sat at the edge of my bed. 

"Yes, but mom doesn't want to. She doesn't want me to go near my dad," I told him. I already talked to mom about it but she was firm. She was really trying so hard not to let me see my dad under any circumstances. 

"Gusto mo ba talaga 'yon?" His voice was so calm and comforting. "I can talk to your mom about it... I'll try to convince her." 

"You will do that for me?" My eyes lit up when I heard his offer. "Wait... In exchange of what?" 

During the times when I would catch my dad flirting with other women, he will always ask me not to say anything in exchange of money. He would always put money on my side table at night even if I didn't say yes. It was not an offer. It was a threat. 

"Exchange?" Natawa siya sa akin. "No exchange. I just want you to live the life you want. You're like a son to me already." 

My lips parted when I heard the word 'son.' I couldn't say anything to him. A lot of thoughts started running inside my mind. Why? Was it another scheme to get me to trust him before he could break me too? What was he planning? What could be his intention? 

"You don't mean that." I looked down and started playing on my phone again. 

"I know it's hard for you to accept me as a part of your life..." He sighed. "Pero huwag kang mag-alala. Susubukan ko pa rin hanggang sa tanggapin mo na ako. I know what you have been through and it wasn't easy at all... But I promise to protect you and your mom until I die. Your mom is scared for you to go back to Manila because she doesn't want you to see your dad again but if you really want it... Then let's do something about it, okay?" 

"Okay..." I nodded, although I wasn't accepting everything he said. "Thanks." 

The next day, we ate breakfast with another family. It shouldn't be that weird but the girl yesterday was seated in front of me and she was smiling like there was no tomorrow. Ano b'ang problema nito? Nang-aasar ba siya?