037- wounds & friends

Start from the beginning

a few moments of peace, the only sounds being the small hum of cursed energy that was in megumi's body.

your unstable breathing slowed as you felt a soft pair of lips on your cheek. once. twice. three times. megumi started peppering your face with light, playful kisses. his unkempt hair tickled your face— it was enough to bring the smile he loved so much back on your features.

he went lower. down to your neck to plant kisses there. but these were slower, deeper, more sensual. his hand went up to your hair as he tugged it lightly, exposing more of your neck to him. you inhaled softly as his tongue went over the soft spot at the base of your neck before kissing it.

that reaction.

he wanted more.

before another kiss landed on your neck, you turned your head to face him. your faces we're so close that the thought of inching closer would make your lips touch. your nose brushed against his, "what are you doing?"

"i love you."

it wasn't a whisper. it wasn't rushed. it was a fact. a fact that solidified in the air, somehow written in stone. he was sure. his eyes looked deep into yours as he spoke, like anchors hooking you in place. you couldn't move, his words bounced in your mind like an echo. you've said it as friends so many times, yet this one... it was more than that. i love you.

"w—"

"i didn't get to say it before we died." now his voice was softer. words painted with pain and regret. "so i'm telling you now. i love you. since we were kids. i'm in love with you. i always have." he said this as he trailed his fingers down the side of your exposed arm, creating a fiery trail of goosebumps.

you already knew what to say. "i love you too, meg—" but before you could finish, he pressed his lips to yours. he was afraid that you didn't feel exactly the same. maybe kissing you would spare him the pain of hearing some sort of disagreement. but when he realized, he pulled back quickly.

"wait, what?"

his eyes went wide as they looked at your calmer ones. you ignored the fact that you were still laying on him in what some would consider an awkward position and repeated yourself. "i love you too, megumi."

he stared at you with bewildered eyes. you smiled in confusion. how could he not know you felt the same?

and just like that, he was in a trance. a deep, deep trance.

"could you... could you say that again?"

his eyes locked on to yours.

"i love you?"

his voice became stronger.

"again."

his eyes dropped to your lips.

"i love you."

he memorized the way your lips curled as you said those words. a small smile on them, nearly a smirk.

"one more time."

he needed it. he would do anything to hear you say it again.

"i love you, megumi."

perfect.

"...good."

megumi's lips fit like a puzzle piece with yours, his warm tongue not waiting a second to interact with your own. in that one second, he had completely taken your breath away. his warm hand softly trailed down your waist. with his eyes closed, he still knew where to touch without hitting your wound and hurting you. that 'i love you' played over in his head like a broken record and it became his favorite song. you were his addiction he'd never get over, and he wasn't planning on it any time soon.