017- shrines & thrones

"bring down your domain."

"what?" you asked sukuna.

"did i stutter?"

"watch your damn tone with me before i make you stutter."

the demon smirked, content that you were aware of your worth. never once had you shown an ounce of fear towards him, even when you were losing the fight. "my apologies, bring down your domain."

"where are we?" you were a bit taken aback by the sudden scenery change. you were technically in your domain, as you were still seated in your throne. but rather than there being a white void in front of you, it was what you believed was sukuna's shrine. one with several skulls at the base of it to pose as stairs. the thought of you two having similar domains brought goosebumps. the only thing that separated the two domains was a six feet wall of fire, except it was purple and white. it looked identical to your blessed energy.

he sighed, crossing his legs and leaning back in his shrine. "inside each other's mind."

"then where's yuuji?"

realizing how many questions you probably have, he decided to answer as many as he could in one go, the important ones at least. "we are in our minds. the brat is in his own mind. he cannot see us, for we do not share the same mind. due to your energy output i was able to make a connection between our minds." jumping down from the pile of skulls, he walked to the wall of flames. he brought up a tattooed arm and put it through the white fire, instantly incinerating it. once he pulled it back, a new one grew back. "but, since it's your domain that's up, i cannot hurt you."

"but i can hurt you?" you asked, raising an eyebrow. your legs were still crossed and your posture was high, your sense of authority never faltering in the eyes of the man who tried to kill your friends.

"hehe." he chuckled. "well you can't kill me here, that's for sure."

"but could i torture you?"

"wow, you are a lot scarier here, huh? i like that."

it was easy to realize that time would be frozen here as well. if it wasn't, he wouldn't spend so much time talking. "what did you want again?" you squinted.

"now that you know that i cannot harm you, would you let me through?"

pursing your lips, you gave him a "do you think i know how the fuck to do that?" look.

he smiled at your confusion, tilting his head and looking to the side. "let your guard down, princess."

after you reluctantly took a deep breath, the purple and white flames protecting you disappeared and he calmly continued his walk towards you. he went up the crystal steps that held your throne two at a time. once he had reached the final step, he was finally able to look down at you. he bent over to meet you face to face. from his proximity, you were able to see gold flecks in his red eyes.

"now, would you please bring down your domain?" he smiled.

"huh? why would i do that?" you spat, slightly offended. "mine easily overpowers his."

"i'm very aware." dropping his grin, he started to take a trip around your throne. "but just the fact that he thinks he could trap you, let alone me in his weak ass domain pisses me off. so please, your had your fun, now let me have mine."

"i don't trust you."

his head poked out from the other side of you, whining like a child. "i apologized AND brought him back to life!"

"doesn't cut it. and i'm guessing megumi doesn't exist?"

he took in a breath, momentarily cutting off his rhythm and sitting on your armrest. "...i'm actually starting to take a bit of interest in that boy."

"...torturing you here is still an option, right?"

he chuckled at how protective you were of megumi. it was understandable, being that you two were sides to the same coin. sukuna looked down at the various opals at his feet and picked one up. "this stone reminds me of you."

"how so?"

"the opal." he lifted it to project the various colors it showed. "a stone which sacrifices its own beauty to reflect others, yet somehow..." sukuna glanced back at you, a different look in his eyes. "it's still beautiful." he slid the opal into his robe's pocket, something to remember you by. "i never understood that."

"if you think flattery is going to make me want to not torture you, you lying to yourself."

he laughed again, "okay. i am sorry. now bring down your domain."

"i won't budge until you tell me what's your sick plan."

"i won't even be switching places with the brat! therefore, no one will die!"

"...actually.." your voice finally started to have a bit of pitch to it. an idea popped in your head, your original plan, forcing you to break eye contact with the king of curses and focus on his shrine ahead of you instead.

"yes?" he sung cheerfully, leaning into you. the thought of a blessing actually wanting him to kill made him giddy. you really were perfect.

"i don't need you to kill him, but i want you to scare him a bit."

"ooh, and who are you to be giving me commands." he wanted more attention, and so he put his hand under your chin to force you to face him.

gently pulling your face to its original position, you looked back at his shrine. "i mean it's fine. i'll do it myself."

"NO!" he yelled. after you gave him a look, he took a deep breath and continued, "i've been away for a thousand years, let me have some fun." sliding his hand into one of yours, he brought your conjoined hands and rested them on his thigh.

"fine, but you owe me one." you gave him. knowing look, and his smirk widened.

"ah, i see." he brought up the hand of yours that he held and kissed the back of it. slowly, he flipped your hand so you could seal the deal. "wanna shake on it?"

"hell no." you sneered, making sure you didn't shake the hand of the demon. "i'm just hoping the great ryōmen sukuna actually has the balls to keep his word."

he lowered his eyes, pulling your hand closer to his face to rest his head in it. "mmh ...say my name again." he turned his face into your hand to kiss your palm.

you watched him with a brow raised. "why are you so obsessed with me?"

sukuna hesitated code a second before replying. "...do you want me to be honest?"

his voice noticeably got quieter, yet you still refused to let your guard down. "didn't know you had the capability, but sure."

"i'm simply attracted to power," he said truthfully. "and you exude it so much of it. it's alluring."

a crisp smack echoed in the mindscape as you whipped him with your palm. "don't you ever look at me like that again."

his "please fuck me" eyes turned into eyes of admiration, whatever the hell was the difference. "haha, that too."

"so, you'll keep your word?"

"yeah, princess you got it."

"bitch, did i not tell you to cut that 'princess' shit out?"
*