038- trains & anger

"could you do this any faster please?"

"well, why don't you do it yourself, maki?" yuta jokingly snapped back. the whole group was gathered in your temporary room as yuta sat next to your laying form on the bed, trying to heal the remainder of your wound.

it's been thirty minutes.

"it takes (y/n) like five minutes to heal fushiguro," itadori piped up. "why is it taking so long?"

yuta decided to stay silent to fully concentrate on your healing, a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead. you decided to answer for him. "blessed energy is different from positive. while blessed is more effective, it's also more consuming—"

"do it yourself," okkotsu mumbled in thought.

"i was only kidding, you know."

"not you, maki." your cousin spoke louder, making eye contact with you. "do it. try to heal yourself."

his hand pulled away from your stomach. "last time i did that, i passed out and didn't wake up for three days." you rebutted. "i've learned my mistake. there's no other way to heal this?"

as you pointed at the wound, yuta shook his head. "afraid so. whatever poison that blade had probably restricts positive energy from healing it." he brought your hand to your wound. "but blessed energy has a shit-ton of loopholes. and that was years ago! i'm sure you've gotten stronger!"

"she has." megumi, itadori, and maki said unanimously.

"she nearly beat me in hand-to-hand combat." maki.

"she had mahito running for the hills in her domain." yuuji.

"she single-handedly exorcised a special grade curse." megumi.

your cousin stared at you in shock as everyone gave their story. a soft smile grew on his features as he pinched your cheeks, "my little cousin is growing up so fast. you're gonna be a great murderer!"

"from what itadori has told me," the guy with eyebags and pigtails spoke. "you are quite the sorcerer. i've never met a blessing user, and i'm amazed at what you can do. my name is choso, by the way. itadori's big brother." your eyes flickered to yuuji for confirmation, but all he did was shrug. 'this is the second grown-ass man claiming to be the poor boy's brother.'

"try it." yuta smiled. "if anything goes wrong, we're here." with another appraising look at your friends, you nodded and started to heal yourself.

it took nearly all your energy, but in under a few minutes, the wound was completely healed. finally able to do so without hurting you, yuta gave you a bear hug, swaying you from side to side.

"i am extremely light-headed, yu."

"but you didn't pass out. i'm proud of you." he gave you a cheesy smile before pulling back, "get some rest. we'll fill you in on the mission when we come back."

with parting smiles, everyone left the room. it made you aware of how cold this home actually was. it was silent. before you could dwell on it, megumi entered the room quietly. he looked at you with soft eyes and said, "okkotsu said to stay here so you weren't alone."

his slightly nervous aura followed him as you motioned for megumi to lay on your bed. once he did, you wrapped your arms around him, laying your head on his warm chest. a deep breath he took made his chest rise and fall as he rested his hands around your frame.

"you're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for," megumi whispered, breaking the silence. he was mentioning shibuya. without needing to explain, he had realized the distant look in your eyes. "nanami's proud of you. we all are."