Chapter 2: Standing Up To Dumbledore

Start from the beginning

Harry chuckled a little before he leant toward her and placed a kiss on her cheek "I could do with a girlfriend, seeing as how Cho wasn't quite as good looking or as nice to be with as you, and if you haven't got your eye on a red headed someone else, how would you like the job?" he asked smiling and his eyes twinkling.

Hermione wondered why they had never spoken like this before, "Yes Harry," she answered knowing that now they truly were more than best friends, she kissed him on his cheek and repeated herself "Yes Harry."

Harry stuttered a little as he asked "You will, you'll be my girlfriend?"

Hermione chuckled as she answered him "Yes Harry, I'll be your girlfriend."

Harry jumped from the bed and forgetting he was only wearing his boxers he leapt into the air and yelled "Yes, yes, yes," as loud as he could, almost losing his boxers as he jumped.

Hermione fell back on the bed laughing and remembered the condition they had been in on the same day in her other life, when she had been hospitalised and having to drink ten different potions a day, and Harry had been miserable and inconsolable over Sirius's death, this time she would do all she could to make Harry's life happy, and that in turn would make her happy.

Hermione waited as Harry got dressed then hand in hand they walked down to the kitchen where they found Dumbledore was waiting for them.

Harry spoke before Dumbledore had time to ask any questions, "Why? Why have you treated me the way you have?" he asked without emotion.

Albus Dumbledore's mouth dropped open as he looked at the expressionless face of Harry.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean Harry," Dumbledore began "but maybe we should talk in private."

"Oh no, that's alright I want these people to know why you left me with my aunt and uncle when you knew they were mistreating me," Harry replied.

"I did not want you to grow up a pampered little prince, I wanted you to grow up as normal a boy as could be under the circumstances," Dumbledore began.

Harry cut him off with a snort "Oh so growing up being abused and beaten is growing up as a normal boy?"

There were murmurings from the order members who were listening, Sirius had straightened up in his chair as he heard Harry say he had been abused.

"I really think we should have this conversation in private," Dumbledore said looking annoyed.

"If you want the boy who lived as a weapon then you had better come up with a much better reason for my being abused, starved, and beaten for ten years, and I want to know why you have wasted the last five years, instead of training me and preparing me for what is to come you have done the opposite, and I think these people who have put their trust in you should know what has happened to me," Harry said still showing no emotion.

Hermione was amazed at the courage and determination of Harry as he faced the old headmaster. She reached down and took hold of Harry's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Harry I put you with your mothers sister because the blood bond created when your mother gave her life for you was the most powerful way of keeping you safe," Dumbledore was saying when Harry once more interrupted.