Chapter Nineteen.

Chapter Of The Song: Missed By Connie Kayleigh(It is orginally by Ella Henderson)

          I have been in New York for two weeks, and my Job is going great. I have meet my new friend, she is a employer. Her name is Nikki, and she is working downstairs with Vicky. While I am upstairs with Christian. Today I have a meeting with Markus, something to do with my job.

Getting out of the bus, I pull my umbrella up. Before holding the handle, it continue's to pour down. Hitting my umbrella, as my heel's click on the concrete. My long brown hair is tied up in a neat, presentable bun and I continue to walk into the building. 

Opening the door to the four story building, I walk to the receptionist that I have gotten to know. "Hello, Rhea. How are you today?" I ask her, pulling my umbrella down.

She notice's me, and gives me a smile. "Hey, Gemma. Do you need the sign in paper?" She ask's me, picking up the paper and handing me a pen.

I nod my head, before I take the papers from her hands. Taking the pen, I sign my name before handing it back to her. "Thanks Rhea, meeting with Markus now. Bye Rhea" I reply to her, giving her a wave I head off to Markus office.

Stopping at the elevator, I click room number 34. It is the highest room in the building, and my heart is pounding in my rib cage and my palms are sweaty. As I anxiously wait for the door to make a ding. When the door makes a ding sound, it opens revealing Markus' office opposite me. I look at the door, before I step out of the elevator.

With a few seconds, the elevator doors close. Knocking on the door, I hear a deep yet raspy voice voice saying "Come in". Obeying Markus, the doors automatically open before I see Markus leaning on his desk, on a phone call. He put's his finger up to his lips, signalling for more to be quiet. 

Nodding my head, he point's to the seat beside him. Walking over, I take a seat on the chair. The soft material rubbing against my thigh, Markus says his goodbyes before he puts his phone down. Sighing, he rubs his fingers against the bridge of his nose and pinches there.

I hesitated for a moment, before I speak up. "Hi Markus, are you okay?" I ask, unsure whether to do something to help.

He sighs and shakes his head, "No, I am not. Piece of shit! Hate those stupid, arrogant, greedy business men thinking they can steal my things! My property!" He yells in frustration, before he walks over to his side of his office. 

He sits down, before he rests his hands on the desk. He looks' up, and gives me a smile. "Hello Gemma, sorry about hearing me swearing, very not professional. The reason I called you up here, was because you've been doing amazing work here at the Publisher. I want to promote you and give you harder work" He explains, before continuing further.

Since you have been doing good work, I would like you to move up to Vicky's office, I am calling her up after you. To give her the work, and news. You two will be partners, sharing the same office. Maybe, possibly. Are you ready to accept this work?" He ask's me, before leaning back in his seat.

I am gob smacked, I gasp but couldn't help but grin like a idiot. "Oh my god, Markus! Of course Markus, I would be honoured" I reply, excitedly.

He nods his head a little, before a low chuckle comes through. "You may go, I will call you and Vicky back up very soon. To discuss matters, and also Gemma.....Don't tell anyone yet, please" He replies, giving me a deadly stare.

I gulp, but I nod my head. My heart is pumping fast, what just happened? As I exit his office, I walk opposite the door, clicking on the fourth floor. I wait. Why am I getting a job promotion, plenty of people have been working here for years, but they never have?