Hate Or Love

The next day. The sky was cloudy and gray.

Kazuma, who had dark eye bags, was on his way to school.

"..."

He was still lost in thoughts after the piece of information he received yesterday night from Yui. Due to that, he was depressed and could not get any sleep.

"Why..."

As he muttered something, he remembered their conversation from yesterday.

"S-s-she has a f-fiance?!" he stuttered.

"D-don't tell me that you didn't know." Yui said in shock.

"..."

Kazuma was speechless.

"..."

"..."

"Ehm, hello?" she asked to finally break the silence.

But Kazuma still did not talk. He just stood there like a tree.

Not having an idea, how to change the mood or topic, she became nervous and fidgety.

"Then goodbye, I guess?" she said, trying to escape this situation.

"..."

Still no response. But he slightly nodded and then went home.

"Ugh, what now?"

When Kazuma exited the house, Yui massaged her forehead with her fingers. She realized that she may have stepped on a huge landmine. She pondered about how she could cheer him up. But, it was pointless. She knew that an optimistic talk would be ineffective because in the end, it was just idealistic. He had to face reality.

"Whatever. I guess, I will help him see this through." she decided while sighing.

Not wanting to see her friend in despair, she would try to help him get over his crush.

"Hmmm, maybe I should set up a mixer." she mused in a soliloquy as she had one idea after another.

In the meantime, Kazuma arrived at his home.

He had lifeless eyes and a weak posture contrasting his usually more confident one. Not caring about his shoes or clothes, he went straight to bed with his back facing the ceiling and his face buried in his pillow.

"...a fiance, huh?" he murmured with a self-deprecating smirk.

"...damn it... damn it... damn it..." he repeated.

Pow.

"Damn it all!" he shouted after he stood up and threw his pillow against the wall.

"Just why... why is everything so unfair...?"

As he asked himself, his eyes became watery and tears flowed down his cheeks.

During his despair, a thought popped up in his mind.

"Why didn't she say that she had a fiance when I confessed to her? She had so many chances..."

Thinking about her fiance and what possible reasons she had for not telling him, he had feelings of anger, jealousy, annoyance, helplessness, betrayal, sadness and even hatred. He was a mess.

Having his heart utterly broken, he sat on the hard and cold ground as he leaned on the edge of his bed.

Until the birds chirped in the morning, he did not move an inch nor did he sleep.

Back in the present, Kazuma arrived at the school gates. With his eyes still being lifeless, he staggered as if he was drunk. Even though his whole demeanor showed that he wanted to be left alone, there was a person who still approached him.