And It Begins

[I will skip the bus scene plz dont get mad as almost everything was similar also yes Ichinose was not in the same bus]

"Wait a second."

As I tried to take my first step of courage, I was instantly stopped as someone tried to talk to me.

I was stopped by the girl I sat next to on the bus.

"You were looking at me a while ago. Why?", she said with a firm look.

"Sorry. I was just a bit interested in the book you were reading. Whatever the reason, you didn't have any thoughts of giving up your seat to the old woman, right?"

"Yeah yeah, I didn't want to give up my seat. What's wrong with that?"

"No, it's just that I thought the same thing. I also didn't have any intention of giving up my seat. I like to stay out of trouble; I don't like being concerned with such things."

"Stay out of trouble? Don't compare me to you. I didn't give up my seat because I did not feel any sense in giving up the seat to an old woman."

"Isn't that worse than just staying out of trouble?"

"I don't know. I'm just acting on my own beliefs. It's different from people who avoid troublesome things like you. I don't want to spend time with people like you."

"... I feel the same way."

I said that and left for the entrance ceremony. I could describe the entrance ceremony in just one word boring. While I was at it I started observing my surroundings. First I looked towards my left there were some people that caught my interest, first was a bald guy who totally didnt look like a high schooler. Then I looked at another person who also didnt look like a high schooler though it was opposite to the bald guy, she had an aura of superiority around her. Also another guy caught my attention he was making some weird hiss sounds, is he a snake or something??

Then I looked at my own line pretty much everyone seemed to have a friendly aura around them. No one specific seems to capture. 

And then I looked at my right side in class C two people seemed to have caught my attention. First was a boy with magenta hair who was grinning like crazy, the second was another person who didnt seem like a high schooler he looked like foreigner. Then I looked towards class D and saw the 2 girls and the boy from the bus nothing else looked interesting.

So after the ceremony ended I started to think as I made my way over to class for the first few days after the entrance ceremony, students must make friends in order to enjoy the rest of their school life. If someone fails at this task, it is said that a miserable three years awaits them.

I arrived at my class and walked over to the seat with my nameplate on it. A seat towards the back of the room and near the window. Generally a good spot to get.

The classroom was only about half full.

Sitting a seat ahead of me was a young boy of average height with violet-bluish hair and purple eyes. I thought about talking to him as my brain was thinking about how to approach this situation another boy came over and started talking to the person in front of me. 

In the end, I couldn't talk to anybody. After this I started to wonder what friends are. Where on earth do friends come from? Do people become friends after they eat with each other? Or do you become friends after going to the bathroom together?

The more I think about it, the more I don't understand it. Is it something deep? I should think about it more.

Trying to make new friends is really troublesome and tiring. In the first place, should I be trying to make friends like this? Furthermore, don't friendships form naturally over time?