chapter 20

a/n: pretend the dress is a dark blue
-
(lilith's pov, friday april 26th 2019)

"bye kenny!" i say as i'm clocking out.

"you're in a rush, off to see hottie by chance?" he asks me.

"yep." i tell him smiling.

"have fun, be safe, do everything i would do." he tells me hugging me.

"you would do?" i ask him.

"well yeah he's hot as fuck lilith." kenny says. i roll my eyes at him and shake my head.

i walk out of red robin and nod at the SUV that has my security in it. they start the car and once i'm in my truck and backing out, they back out too.

once i'm on my way i call dean.

"hi darling. how was work?" he asks me.

"good, i'm on my way to your house now." i tell him.

"get off your phone while driving!" he scolds me.

"you're on speaker on the dash, it's fine." i explain.

"okay please be safe. the dress lady, whatever they're called, is here and i'm picking out dresses now." he tells me.

"how's it goin?" i ask.

"terrible" i roll my eyes imagining him not liking a dress simply because of one stitching.

"i'm not picky so i'll like anything." i tell him. he's very over the top sometimes.

"yeah okay sweetheart. you're not wearing no ugly dress to any gala with me so i'm gonna be very picky for the both of us. you're gonna have the prettiest dress there, unless obviously you aren't okay with that." he tells me.

"alright honey if that's what you want to do." i tell him rolling my eyes again. this man is gonna be the death of me.

"i picked out custom jewelry for you." he then tells me.

"you're so extra." i tell him and he laughs.

"don't act like you don't like it." he says.

"i very much appreciate it." i tell him. i then hear some noise in the background and he takes a second to answer.

"hey i gotta go amore but be safe. i'm getting my tux fitted." i smile at the thought of him in a suit. i've seen him in a few and he always looks amazing.

"okay i'll be there soon."  i tell him smiling. we say our goodbyes and then hang up.
———
as i walk up the front steps to dean's house i let out a deep breath. dresses weren't exactly my thing but this is a gala so i have to wear one. also these dresses had to be expensive and i couldn't help but feel bad about him getting me one.

plus he said he got custom jewelry too.

i knock on the door and hear muddy start barking. dean then opens the door a few seconds later.

"hi." he says smiling and kisses me. "i picked out four dresses but if you don't like them pick out whatever dress you want."

"i'm sure i'll love them dean don't stress." i tell him and kiss his cheek.

"i want you to enjoy this sweetheart and love your outfit." he says and i smile.

"i'm goin to." i tell him and he places his hand on my back leading me to one of the rooms downstairs. he opens the door and i see a girl, probably mid 30's, in the room looking at dresses.