Part 11

We talked for about an hour before Clint returned. Our conversation flowed easily and we honestly could've spoken to eachother for hours on end if my dad hadn't come back.

I moved my chair around to the other side so I was now closer to Kate, allowing Clint some room.

"So what do you think?" Kate asked showing Clint the suit design.

"Definitely not" He laughed.

"I told you" I smirked.

Kate rolled her eyes and playfully hit my in the chest.

"Is that an H on my head?" He asked.

"Yeah it's for your branding, so people stop confusing you with Katniss Everdeen" she teased.

I snickered earning a quick glare from Clint.

"My problem is not brand it's you two" He said pointing at the two of us.

I glanced over to Kate who was also laughing, I could feel something in my stoumach. Not something bad something good. It was butterflies, they were bouncing around as if they were on caffeine. I quickly glanced away my cheeks heating up.

The conversation changed into a more serious now after that.

"I think my mom's new fiancee is a murderer" she sighed.

"Do you have any rock solid evidence?" Clint asked.

She shook her head.

"Unfortunately no, but I can feel it in my gut that something isn't right" She said.

"Just because you don't like mommy's new boyfriend doesn't mean he's a murderer Kate" Clint sighed.

"Listen to her dad" I rolled my eyes at my father.

He furrowed his brows and he gestured for her to keep on going.

"Thank you Y/n" She said.

She tilted her head and gave me a warm smile before continuing.

"His uncle threatens my mom, has a bidding was against him and then boom later that night he's dead. And he was killed with a sword and Jack loves swords, and- and the candy" She said.

Clint raised his eyebrows confused.

"The candy seriously?" Clint chuckled.

"He offered me the same piece of candy that his uncle has in his house" Kate said.

"That doesn't prove anything" Clint sighed.

"But it is suspicious" I added.

"I could get real evidence" Kate said.

"Oh yeah and how's that?" Clint asked skeptical.

"My mom runs Bishop security, if I can log into her work laptop I can track where Jack was the night of the murder" she said in a whisper so no one else could hear.

"So we are just going to break into your mom's house?" I asked.

"Exactly" Kate said with a smirk.

"What if someone's home?" I asked.

"Then we make an excuse, but don't worry they'll both be at work" Kate said.

"Ok, we'll break in" Clint sighed.

Kate smiled triumphantly and took a sip of coffee. I looked out the window to see Lucky looking in the diner window staring at us.

"I think he wants attention" Kate said..

"Or food" I shrugged.

"I'll get him some pizza" Kate said.

"You can't only feed the dog pizza" I laughed.

"He has to live up to his name Y/n" Kate chuckled.

"I don't think it's healthy to feed the dog pizza" Clint chimed in.

"Calm down i will feed him proper food but for now I'm sure he won't mind a little bit of pizza" Kate said.

"Such a great owner" I teased sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"I know right" Kate said cockily.

She nudged me in the side making me roll my eyes at her. Clint just watched us with one eyebrow raised.

Kate got up to go to the bathroom before we left to go breaking and entering, leaving just me and my dad.

"What?" I asked as he stared at me.

"Huh nothing" She said shaking his head.

Clint averted his gaze down to his empty plate.

"Nope I can tell you wanna say something spit it out" I sighed.

"Fine." Clint huffed.

He paused for a second before answering.

"Do you like Kate?" He asked.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked doing my best to not sound nervous.

"Y/n you know exactly what I mean" Clint laughed to himself.

"No, I don't know" I said running my hands over my face.

"I new it" Clint smirked.

"She's probably not even into girls" I groaned.

"I would beg to differ" Clint chucmled to himself.

Maybe Clint could be right I mean, the doc martens, the cuffed jeans. All signs point to her being bisexual. I mean I shouldn't stereotype but c'mon what straight person dresses like Kate does. The first time I saw her she was in a black suit.

"She might be, but I'm still not sure" I sighed.

"Just see how everything goes ok, you two seem to get along really well" Clint said.

"How did you know I might like her?" I asked.

"Y/n I may be deaf but I'm not blind" Clint chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and a chuckle escaped my lips.

Clint smiled and grabbed his bag slinging it over his shoulder as we headed outside.

Kate walked out of the bathroom and followed behind us.

"You guys ready to break the law" Kate said enthusiastically.

People turned their heads to look at us in confusion. Clint covered his face in embarrassment and he shook his head.

"Maybe say that a but quieter next time" I whispered.

Kate looked around to see all the people staring at her, she let out an awkward laugh.

"Noted" She replied.