ㅤㅤaether ❅ my snowman

I love you forever
where we'll have some fun,
Please don't cry no tears now,
it's Christmas.

Have you ever felt lonely despite the wondrous festival and joyous people surrounding you? It is currently Christmas eve and everyone is either spending time with their families or loved one. There are a lot of people strolling through the crowded streets of the city. Despite the cold atmosphere, they still have bright smiles on their faces that radiates warmth and joy.

You stared at the glass wall of the café that you're currently working in to earn some extra cash for the Christmas season. It's not like you're giving anything to people, you just wanted to earn some extra income in case it is needed for an emergency or for the upcoming year.

With the loneliness within your gaze, you can't help but imagine certain scenarios where your life is a little better. Inside your home in front of a fireplace with a mug of hot beverage, or maybe in front of your television while watching your favorite Christmas movies with a special someone.

But no, you chose to work in the café since you're working overtime for extra cash at the start of next year. Though, your boss insisted that he'd give you a break for the holiday season but you stood firm.

"(Y/n), I've been wondering.." Aether inquires at the end of the cashier counter, wiping off some clear glasses by the rack. "You told me last month that you're looking forward to the holidays.. why the sudden change?"

You turn around and face the blonde male, though his attention is on the glass he's wiping dry. Aether gently tucked the glass on a metal rack under the counter and leaned on the marble counter on his elbows, a sly grin appearing on his face.

"Well..?"

"Christmas is a waste of time." You sigh and start wiping the table, even though it was already clean to the point that it's illuminating the light from the ceiling. "I always spend the day locked up in my apartment. Plus, my family is currently overseas and I couldn't afford to pay for a ticket to visit them"

The scent of coffee and lemon fills your senses as soon as you are done wiping the table with a tablecloth. There weren't many people coming over since they're busy for some last minute shopping, it's only a few days since Christmas anyway and the mall nearby is having a huge sale for the holidays.

You and Aether are the only ones in the café since the other workers are spending the holidays with their loved ones. Besides being your boss, you wondered why Aether chooses to open up the shop even though you're the only one who's going to work today.

"Welcome!"

Kaeya and Diluc enter the café. They were both wearing thick clothing to keep themselves warm for the cold season. You noticed that they both have contrasting personalities as siblings which makes it rather hard to believe that they are really both siblings. The lenient sibling, Kaeya, looks into your direction and gives you an enthusiastic wave while proceeding towards the counter. You followed them, walking alongside Diluc.