Living then Dead

This is my fist book ever so sorry if it's terrible and has many errors. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think in comments!

-mmmae
----------------------------------------------

'Turn around and run' that's all my conscience had to say but I was stuck. I pleaded with my feet to move but they wouldn't. I just stared at the scene unfold in front of me for the what felt like the hundredth time. I start to feel water trickling down my face but no it's thicker than water its blood and not my own.

I wake out of bed screeming bloody murder, Only to stuff my fist in my mouth not wanting to wake my parents. Looking around the room I finally get back to reality and out of my dreamy haze. I look into the mirror on my dresser and sit up straighter. All I see is a pained girl with my same deep brown eyes and matching hair. I run a hand down my tan face to make sure it's really me I see in the mirror.

I can't stop the tears from blurring my eyesight. I lye back in bed tempting my body to stop trembling.

In my bed I cover my self in the blankets so they are over my head covering me completely. The soft. fluffy comforter lulling me to sleep again. I curl up in a fetal position still frighten to death of my own imagination.

Quietly I sob letting my cries rake through my body making me tremble harder.

"Lis, honey are you okay" I hear my mothers soft voice from outside the door instantly calming me a little.

I try and respond but all that comes out is a strangled sob. I uncover my head slightly from the covers so I can see the clock. 2:34 am.

"Honey I'm coming in" there's a slight pause "is that okay" I can practically see my moms worried look through the door. The white wood creaks open as she enters.

"What's wrong" she uses her soothing voice and crawls on the bed cradling me. I snuggle into her already forgetting about the night mare.

I shut my eyes trying to concentrate on her steady breathing, the way when her chest rises and falls making mine do the exact same in sync.

"Just a night mare mom" my voice comes out scratchy and dry. Unfamiliar sounding to my own self. She simply nods as a reply understanding.

My eyes grow heavy and before I know it I'm asleep again.

The fire consumes the forest growing rapidly taking with it my parents. I'm standing out side watching as a man pulls my little brother from the building. They walk past me as if I'm invisible and into a clearing in the wood. My body has a mind of its own and follows them not making a sound in doing so.

The stranger forces my seven year old brother to his knees and grabs rope coming out of the ground tying him up like that. I try and scream and run to him but my body has other ideas. I just stand wide eyes watching as the stranger pulls out his gun and shoot my brother causing his tan little body to fall to the ground. I stare into his blue eyes that have now gone dim. I finally am able to let out a strangled sob. The stranger turns to me and walks closer so I can finally see him. As soon as his icy glare meets my stare I instantly clamp my mouth shut. He's wearing a black mask with all black clothing tightly fitting his strong figure. I want to turn and run but I can't. If I had to guess I know I was going to die and by the hands of a mad who looks no older than 20.

I wake up in a rush and feel my mothers arms still around me sound asleep. I look to my night stand clock, The numbers shining bright blue 4:56 am.

This night mare keeps reoccurring forcing me to feel tears threaten to spill. I hate the torturous dreams of the death of my family. I haven't slept normally for four days now and it's starting to slowly drain me of energy.

I stay still and stare up at the ceiling. My body has gone into shock and is too scared to move feeling like eyes are watching. I look at my dimly lit illuminated room because the sun is slightly rising. No one is present in my room except me and my mother.
I look at the clock 6:19 am.

Time really went fast just staring into space. In shift my self out of my mothers grip and sit on the side of my bed. I gaze down at my long legs and then up at my self in the mirror to my side. Only in heart pajama shorts and a white tank top I decide to change.

I pick out black leggings and a striped gray and white crop top with a hoodie. I put them on and pull on orange bright socks. I decide on my purple Nike high tops to wear on my morning run. I walk down the hall passing my little brother jacks room.

Jack prefers to be called Jax cause he finds the name cooler even though there is almost no difference. He's a cute seven year old, sporty and smart. He can eat anything but where he puts it in his skinny little body is a mystery to me. I walk down the staircase into my family's maroon front hall and turn right into our kitchen. The kitchen is white, dark wood, and gray. It's very modern like my mothers taste. I take out my Mickey Mouse water bottle from a drawer and fill it with water from the sink. I cap it and stick it in my holder that is a waist band water bottle holder. I write a quick note to my parents telling them I've gone on my Jog and be home soon.

I take my phone out of my pocket and untangle my head phones that are wrapped around the big 5s body. I stick my head phones in my ears as I walk out the front door and play 'I see fire' by Ed sheeran.

I start my jog and run a few blocks away to the local pond with purple lavender flowers all long the waters edge. Every run I pluck one flower because they are so beautiful and I always did that with my brother when we used to run together. It feels like I'm honoring his memory when I take one and run to the grave yard a short distance away and place it on his grave.

Evan my brother died in war but not before saving millions. He earned the Purple Heart for his bravery. He died because of his fatal injuries in battle but it was a quick death which gave me some closure.

I stare down at his grave
'Loving son and brother' 1991-2015
I let a tear slip out but quickly wipe it away and continue my jog. I don't want to cry because I know it useless. My mother always counters that saying 'It's Human'

I always hate the grave yard because the depressing feel it gives off. When ever I leave it the feeling sticks until I finally get back to my house.

As I continue my run up the drive way I look around to see 3 police cars crowding around my house. Caution tape surrounds my house along with all my neighbors holding each other and crying.

"Lis I'm so sorry" my neighbor Mrs. Langsty cries and cuddles in her husbands side further. I furrow my brown in confusion and walk to my house closer and that's when I see it.
All the blood.