"Wait, Jojo!" I yelled.

"Yes, Y/N?" he asked, looking back at me.

"Where are you going? I was hoping to spend some time with you today." I exclaimed.

"I'm afraid I can't today, Y/N. I've already made plans. I'll see you at dinner, okay?" And with that, he was gone. He also took Danny with him.

Did he forget my birthday? He never forgets. Jojo always surprised me with something.

I stood at the doorway not really knowing what to do. I felt this aching in my heart. Like the butterflies I feel in my stomach but in my heart this time. It didn't feel the same though. It felt mean. I sat on the doorsteps on the verge of tears. Suddenly, I thought back to when Jojo surprised me for my 7th birthday. I remember opening my door to him holding a bullfrog in his hands.

"I caught it for you, Y/N! I know how much you love frogs, but you can never seem to catch one. So, I caught one for you."

Thinking back to the memory began to make me cry. I started fiddling with my thumbs to help calm me down, but it was too late. The tears were already coming down.

I don't even care that he forgot my birthday. I just miss him. Why has he been so distant. I thought the kiss we shared would bring us closer together, but we've only grown apart.

I sniffled and suddenly, I heard the door open behind me. Whoever it was they were walking down the steps now.

It's probably just Mother coming to check on me.

"Are you alright, Y/N?"

My eyes widened. The voice belonged to Dio. He then sat beside me on the steps.

"Oh, it's you." I said as I wiped my tears. "Hello, Dio."

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

I was a sniffling mess. "Well, Jojo has been so distant with me lately. I miss him a lot. And on top of that, he forgot my birthday today. He just ran off."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Lady Rosemary mentioned your birthday to me the other day. That's why I got you gift. I hope you don't mind." he gave me a small grin.

"Oh, Dio, you shouldn't have. You really didn't have to." I said looking into his amber eyes. He really did have beautiful eyes. They were mesmerizing.

"It's nothing big." He pulled a book out of his back pocket. "Its just one of my favorite novels. I noticed you reading Dracula and figured you enjoyed reading."

I giggled and cried even more. There's no doubt in my mind my cry face looked awful, but I couldn't help it. "You noticed." I said grabbing the book from him.

It was Pride And Prejudice.