{Chapter 62|Past}

Start from the beginning

the constant bullying and torment he had to go through in that orphanage.

His father began to snap his fingers in front of his face, which was enough to pull him out of his trance.

"Matthew, oh my sweet Matthew..." Matt snaps his head up to look at the woman who was approaching him. His mind was completely torn. Does he run? Does he stay still and let her approach him? He didn't know what to feel.

He could have lived his entire life without having to touch his past again, yet there it was. The woman who had given birth to him, the symbol of his past, the main reason why the children never liked him, that reason was there right before him. He couldn't even register her appearance, it was blank, it was blurry to him.

It was now embracing him, ruffling its fingers through his hair, caressing his face. He felt trapped. He felt like he couldn't breathe.

"Matthew..." Its voice was cold against his ear, and he immediately grabbed her shoulders in an attempt to pull it away, but it wouldn't budge. She wouldn't budge. The world felt like it was closing in on him.

"Please, please let me go!" He squirmed, but she would not loosen her embrace.

Matt looked over at his father for help, but he was merely watching with this saddened look on his face. Matt's eyes began to water.

"P-please, I...I don't know who you are, let me go—"

"Well dear, that's a bit rude to say to your mother..." It whispered to him once more.

"Y-you're not my mother! Dad...dad, please tell her—!" He was practically begging, but Oliver just shook his head.

"Matthew, please be kind. She has sacrificed a lot to meet you today."

By some miracle, Matt felt his biological mother's grip around him loosen. He sees her turn in the direction of his father. "It's alright, Oliver. I understand his reaction," She turns back to Matt, but Matt refuses to make eye contact with her.

"He's shaken up and confused. It's okay Matthew, honey. You were only 4 at the time of the incident, and you've grown into such a fine gentleman. Ah, we have so much catching up to do." It smiles at him.

When Matt doesn't respond to her, she grips his shoulders just a bit tighter and Matt gasps, tears were still brimming in his eyes. "Right, Matthew? Answer me, honey." She says through gritted teeth.

Oliver notices this and pulls out a remote.

The woman shrieks. Matt only now notices the shock bracelets that she's wearing on both wrists.

"Don't hurt him, Rose."

"Agh...ugh...yes...yes, Mr. Gold." The woman pants.

She regains her composure and tries to make eye contact with Matt once more, but Matt avoids it. She sighs and sits next to him.

"Let's talk for a bit, honey."

~

The white room was all blending into each other for the two boys. It was white everywhere they turned and the silence was deafening. They lost all sense of time, and it felt like they were slowly going insane. Edd's thoughts were filled with anxiety and worry for what the others could be up to right now, and Tord was laying down, trying to sleep everything off.

One moment, they were at their home, telling stories of their grandmother who no longer walks this Earth, and now they're in this white room trapped by their own parents.

That is when they abruptly hear the door opening, making both the boys' heads snap up almost immediately. Edd stood up from hugging his knees, and Tord sits up from his bed. They both look at each other and nod.

The door opens and reveals Matt with a tear-stained face with Oliver right behind him. Edd and Tord's eyes widen and instantly come up to Matt.
Matt sees his two brothers his lip quivers, running into Edd's arms right away, sobbing into his shoulder. Tord turns to face his father, alarmed.

"What did you do to him, dad?" Tord's eyebrows furrow, staring his father down.

Oliver didn't bother to notice, keeping his face blank.

"Matt simply had a reunion with his mother, that is all."

The door began to close once more, "WAIT DAD—" Tord rushes to the door, but it closed on him before he could say anything more.

Tord groans then look at Matt who was still in Edd's arms, crying. The two boys were sitting on a bed now. Edd was honestly surprised when the ginger-haired boy came rushing into his arms, but he didn't complain and promptly began to console him.

"...What happened?" Tord breaks the silence between the three of them.

Matt sniffles then look up to face both of them.

"I..." He breathes out. Edd quietly asks Tord to grab a towel from one of the cabinets and he obliges. The brunette then began to wipe Matt's tear-stained face gently.

"I just...want to go home. I don't wanna be here anymore." Matt admits.

Edd and Tord look at each other with a disheartened look.

Edd exhales, "We all do Matt,"

"we all do."

=~~~=

I WENT A WHOLE YEAR WITHOUT WRITING SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I'M A BIT RUSTYY