XI. JUNIE

JUNE 15TH

"Hi, my names Junie. Whats yours?"

"Clay." He smiled at her. They went along with lie that they didn't know one another. And it worked.

"Your eyes are really pretty." He tried to shy away is smile though it didn't work all too well.

They both tired to think of inside jokes they use to have but none seem to come to mind. The two held eye contact for about seven seconds, that was broken by clays dear younger brother Noah. He 'accidently' bumped into him. Though they both knew it was a lie. Clay looked at him like he was going to kill him.

While clay and Juniper weren't talking Marlee took the time to finally talk to her.

"I really like your outfit." She told her shyly

"Thank you. I love your hair by the way. I used to have pink hair before I was blonde."

"What color is your natural hair color?"

"Ginger." Her and clay said at the same time, though she said it far louder than him. She was the only one who heard him say it.

She looked over at him, trying to hide her smile. He was pretty. She would admit that he was still attractive, more attractive than she remembered.

"Oh my god, your a red head?" Noah said with a laugh, she rolled her eyes with a smile. But she realized something. Neither her mom nor Mrs.Johnson had made so much as to a peep. She looked over at them and they were in awe about how well the, two young adults were getting along.

After they were done eating at the restaurant clay said he was had to go home to do something for work. Though he also said he would be back at the house for dinner and so would Kylie.

On their way home, Marlee and Juniper had became close and bonded with thier love of harry styles and one direction.

When they did get back to the house, Juniper texted wilbur about something and, then marlee convinced Juniper to play Minecraft with her.

She didn't realize it but it was already 7pm and her mom was calling her from upstairs.

"Yeah what's up mum?" She asked while walking up from the basement stairs.

"Clay and kylie are about to be here, tommy told me to tell you to answer his texts, and can you please put the macaroni and cheese in the oven." Her mom said, she gave her a tight lipped smile and a nod.

Right as she closed the oven she heard the front door close and someone say, "IM HERE."

It was clay.

And suddenly she was extremely excited.

He walked into the kitchen where she was with a dog leash, "wanna go walk the dog with me?"

She nodded her head, "lemme just go put my shoes on really quick."

When they first walked out of the door it was silent. Not by choice, but because thier mothers were siting on the front porch swing.

Neither of them made a peep until the got past the corner.

"Hi." He said with a smile and a sigh

"Hi." She said giving the same energy back

"Why the hell did you never try to contact me?" He asked her with a curious tone, she shrugged. She didnt have an answer

"Its not that i didn't want to. I couldn't. I didn't know where you lived nor did I know your full name."

"Why didn't you tell me before you moved?" He asked

"I couldn't clay. Well one, I couldn't see you hurt like that. And two, I actually couldn't because i had no fucking clue where you lived."

"Okay. You have a point. Last thing. Did you ever have a crush on me?"

"Hell yes. Eighth grade was a... Fun year."

"Only in eighth grade? Boy were you late."

"Wait. When did you have a crush on me?"

"Fourth to eighth."

"Oh damn," she said in shock, she didn't think he actually ever had a crush on her, "I was late late."

"Yeah. Its okay though I always thought you were so pretty," he said as they sat down at a picnic table at the park. His family dog, lily was running in the grass off to find the ball he threw for her. "Even now." He told her quietly

Juniper tried to hid her blush that was burning her checks, it wasn't to successful. Was he really flirting with her? Like now? After the first time seeing her since they were in eighth grade?

"What happened after I left?" She asked him

"Well in freshman year, I ran from the cops because if how much school i missed, then had to go on online school." He caught her up

"Clay!" She said "why did you miss so much school?"

He was quite for a moment, he realized how surreal the moment was. He realized for the first time in years he was actually talking to her, it wasn't something he was thinking about.

"Uhm. I didn't have a point in going, the only reason i went to school in the first place was because you. So when you left I had no real reason to go."

She should have been mad at him, she should have scolding him for missing that much school, she should of told him off for letting what she had done effected him so much. But it was something she should have done. .

She didn't.

She gave him a blushed grin.

He gave the same back.

Mars speaks
Y'all i rlly don't wanna go to school

jazzie talks shit
ur mom looks mighty fine today
the best emo

Mars- jazzie go away 😁

jazzie- fuck no