Prologue - A half death

So before I begin I'm just going to disclaim this whole story. Obviously I don't own the Avatar franchise, if I did Zuko and Katara would be together and so would Aang and Toph, but who am I to judge??
Also I don't own any of the few Percy Jackson Charecters I've chucked into the mix.
Anyway on with the story.
~S.G.H Linton

PHOTO ABOVE IS OF PARNIX (you'll understand when you read it)

"Perseus, get down here right this instant! Your father is waiting!" Percy jumped out of his bed, grabbing his clothes and weapons on his way out of his room.

His father was leaving today, and he was going to spend every last minute with him.

"Where's father?" Percy called as he rounded the bottom the stairs coming face to face with his mother. She smiled lightly, her eyes checking him over and her hands straightening out the creases in his clothes.

"He's by the docks. Grandpa Tenzin has called them out sooner. Our sister tribe has fallen, and we must fight to protect what's ours. He leaves at noon so you had better hurry." Sali hurriedly threw some food in a bag and gave it to her only son, pushing him out the door.

"Have fun sweetie, you might want to take Parnix, he was getting a bit fidgety earlier." Percy nodded, grabbing his polar bear-dog skin coat.

"Okay mother, I'll see you later." she smiled, nodding as she watched him walk out the door.

The snow at the North Pole never stopped, but today it seemed particularly heavy. Percy swished his hand in a series of intricate movements. Suddenly the snow around him seemed to disappear. The young waterbender smiled at his newly mastered skill. He'd been practising with Master Hakan for months and had only recently learnt how to change the states of water, his mother simply watched on, proud her son was advancing so quickly.

Percy stood still in his silent and unmoving bubble. He lifted his fingers to his mouth and whistled loudly, the shrill noise ringing inside the snow city. Not five seconds later there was a loud crash as a giant snow-wolf falcon landed before him.

"Hey Parnix, how've you been bud?" The giant creature bounded forwards and licked its master from toe to head. It was rare any managed to tame the Snow-wolf Falcons, but Percy had raised Parnix from birth, his mother having been killed by fire nation scouts. Percy raised his hands and began scooping off the chunks of spit on his clothes.

"That's actually so disgusting. Anyway, we've got to get down to the docks, father's leaving soon and we don't want to miss him." Parnix barked, lowering his body so Percy could jump onto his saddle. Once he was seated, Parnix rose, spread his wings, and with one great howl jumped into flight.

Many of the people in the city waved up, knowing it was their future king riding the beast. Percy truly loved the northern water tribe, but he'd never wanted to be king. That was a job for his grandfather, or his own father, but not himself. No, Percy wanted to see the world, to explore and expand his knowledge, he didn't want to be tied to one place for life.

His musings were cut short as the voices of the water tribes elite soldiers reached him. Looking down onto the docks Percy immediately spotted his father. Tall, the feather plaited into his long, black hair, and his sea green eyes that so perfectly twinned his son's.

"Father!" Percy called as Parnix began his decent. Many of the men looked up, but his father was too engrossed in ordering the restock of the ship. One of the soldiers, a family friend, Apollo, called after his father.

"Hey Poseidon, Squirts here." Percy rolled his eyes at the name, helping guide Parnix into a landing spot at the same time. Although he loved Apollo like a brother, he was a real idiot at times.