━━ 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐎

bonding with eren, mikasa, and armin

tw: mentions of scars, not specified how they were given

It had been at least a year since the quartets enrollment into the Training Corps and today was one of their rare break days. The cadets were given the freedom to go into the towns, although they were still expected to make it back into the training grounds by the sunset.

And as expected, the majority of trainees took the chance to re-visit their families. But obviously, with the Shiganshina Quartet, that wasn't an option. So they stayed back and spent the entire day surrounded by each other instead.

Eren liked this idea that Armin proposed, throwing his arms around Armin and Mikasa's shoulder, tugging in M/n into their group hug by the edge of his sleeves, cheering something along the lines of, "Finally, it'll be just us, together!"

And M/n was at first reluctant to join, but when he noticed that Eren wasn't going to let him escape, he stopped fighting. He had nothing better to do anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to to just spend time with the original trio he enrolled in with.

He remained silent for the majority of their time together, sometimes adding teasing remarks to make Eren blush or have Armin go on an excited rant of something M/n brought up. Him and Mikasa were mainly just nodding along, but sometimes the girl would join in on their conversations.

However, as the wind grew cooler and the sun was showing it was beginning to set, Eren dragged them off to the mountain top him, Armin, Reiner, and Bertholdt had went on in their first nights of training camp.

The four settled down, sitting as they all looked up at the stars. Eren's smile was still going strong, feeling blessed to at least spend some heartfelt moments with his closest friends, and M/n - who he had a pretty small (massive) crush on, of course. Armin seemed to be at the same level of content, for the same reasons. Mikasa was more well put in hiding her true emotions, but with the way her eyes sparkled showed to M/n that she was grateful for this moment as well.

"Eren," M/n spoke up, making the brunette excitedly turn his head around, "tell me about your mom,"

The boy seemed to falter at the sudden question, and Armin and Mikasa stiffened at the words, thinking that M/n had ruined their one good night. However, when Eren lifted his head, there was a soft smile on his face.

"She worried a lot," he answered easily, "always making a fuss about the smallest things,"

Mikasa nodded her head in agreement, "She only worried so much because she wanted you to be careful and safe,"

"Yeah...I don't know why I couldn't see that then, but I do now," Eren looked up at the stars, tears brimming his eyes, "And I think it's selfish of me to miss her so much when I was such a bad kid,"