"So I could just walk out of here right now if I wanted to?" Percy asked.

"It would be suicide, but yeah—with Mr. D or Chiron's permission. But they wouldn't permit the end of the summer session unless..."

"Unless?"

"You were granted a quest. But that hardly ever happens. The last time.." Annabeth's voice
trailed off and Y/n shifted uncomfortably.

Percy could tell the last quest hadn't been successful, "Back in the sick room, when you were feeding me that stuff—"

"Ambrosia."

"Yeah. You asked me something about the summer solstice."

Y/n's face lit up, "So you do know something?"

"Well....no. Back at my old school, I overheard Grover and Chiron talking about it. Grover mentioned the summer solstice. He said something like we didn't have much time, because of the deadline. What did that mean?"

Y/n groaned, "I wish we knew. Chiron and the satyrs, they know, but they won't tell us. Something is wrong in Olympus, something pretty major. Last time we were there everything seemed so, normal."

Percy knitted his eyebrows, "You've been to Olympus?"

"Some of us year-rounders—Luke, Clarisse, Annabeth, and me and a few others—we took a field trip during the winter solstice. That's when the gods gave their big annual council."

"But—how'd you get there?"

"The Long Island Railroad of course. You get off at Penn Station. Empire State Building, special elevator to the six hundredth floor...you are a New Yorker right?"

"Oh, sure. It's not like my mom worked at Grand Central Station and I live near there."

Y/n held a mischievous look in her eyes, "Percy, why don't you slap—"

Annabeth cut her, "Y/n Evans you will not!"

She looked at her friend and stopped, letting out an indignant sigh, ignoring Percy's stares.

Annabeth continued Y/n's story, "Right after we visited, the weather got weird as if the gods had started fighting. A couple of times, we've overheard the satyrs talking. The best I can figure out is that something important was stolen. And if it isn't returned by the summer solstice, there's going to be trouble. And we were hoping we could you know..work together. Maybe you know something."

Percy shook his head causing Annabeth to clench her fist, "I've got to get a quest. I'm not too young. If they would just tell me the problem..."

Y/n placed her hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry. We'll get a quest sooner or later."

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

Y/N SAT AT TABLE TEN WITH HER HALF BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO KEPT CHECKING THEIR REFLECTION WITH THE CUTLERY.

Her eyes wandered off to the Hermes cabin finding a familiar raven-haired boy squished at the overcrowded table. His eyes caught hers and his breath hitched.

As much as Percy didn't want to admit it, he sorta hoped Y/n didn't catch him in the state he was in. Panic in his eyes and struggling to stay seated—it was embarrassing to be seen like this by such a pretty girl.

He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. She mouthed, "You look a little squished."

Percy rolled his eyes, "Oh really? I had no clue."

Hooves pounded against the marble floor of the pavilion and everyone fell silent, "To the gods!" Chiron yelled.

Everybody raised their cups and repeated, "To the gods!"