cruel world (brian jones)

summary: she could never deny him and he would never be short of crazy for her. just like everyone else.

trigger waning: abuse, drug use, language

"where the hell is she?"

mick, suddenly sober and very aware of his toxic surroundings, followed a red eyed brian jones through the crowded club. his drink swishing in his cup at the rapid pace brian was walking at.

"you outta' calm down, mate." mick said as he gripped his band mates forearm, downing the rest of his drink and placing it on the closest surface he could see.

"i am fuckin' calm. now where the hell is she?"

mick sighed and released his grip on brian. he ran a hand through his hair, mumbling a stressed ''jesus christ'.

"fuck mick. where is she? 'know she's here."

"'s not like shes yours anymore brian. you cant jus' show up and harass her whenever you please."

brian rolled his eyes. his dilated eyes darted around the club in search of that familiar head of hair. "i swear to god mick if you do-"

"let's get you a drink."

"i 'ont want a fucking drink."

brian and mick stared at each other for what felt like hours. who would break first?

mick sighed and ran a hand through his hair. he then nodded towards the black velvet curtains. a frown on his lips.

brian clenched his fist, immediately stumbling  towards the entrance of the private room.

"not even a goddamn thank you." mick mumbled as he downed another shot, soon being swept away by a woman in white.

brian fisted through the curtains, his mind racing and his hands shaking. what would he do when he saw her?

he shook his head, searching the room and then he spotted her. in all her glory. a black peter pan style dress paired with sheer polka dot tights and a pair of shiny silver flats. nothing short of perfection. her  hair was messy as she leaned down towards the mirrored table. brian's eyebrows furrowed and his frown deepened.

keith said she was clean.

he watched as she snorted the white substance, more than what should be considered tolerable. wiping her nose and leaning back, her head resting against a mans chest. brian noticed his fingers twirling her hair and the way her dainty hands took the cigarette from the man. how she would take a puff and laugh at what he whispered in her ear.

brian was too focused on her every movements to take notice of who the man was. but that button down her cheek was resting against look awfully familiar.

it was deep purple and white, barely buttoned. paired with a pair of black slacks and an open jacket. the two of you looked like a proper couple.

but that damn shirt.

realization hit brian like a brick wall and his eyes snapped up to the mans face, his body becoming hot and his eyes twitching.

keith fucking richards.

"what in the bloody fuck is going on here?"

y/n's head snapped up at the sound of his loud voice, nothing short of plastered. there he was, in a creme sweater and a pair of black jeans. every eye inside the velvet curtains on him.

"oh good god"

"'s not what it looks like jones." keith said as he stood from his place on the couch, y/n rising soon after but staying a few steps behind keith.

brian was a gentle man. truly. a good lover when he needed to be. when he wanted something or when it benefited him. he always promised he would never hurt you. but promises are made to be broken. and an angry brian jones, alcohol, and a line or two never seemed to mesh well.

"oh i'm sure its exactly what it fucking looks like."

"brian please," y/n pleaded, the wild look in his drunk eyes making her fear for the worst. brian's vision snapped from keith to y/n, his eye twitching.

"how long have you been fucking him eh'?"

y/n paled, "brian you know i would never do that to you."

y/n missed the pained glance keith spared her, because her line of vision was on him. everything was always about him.

"yeah man, you did it to her for fucks sake."

brian's eyes snapped from you to keith. his fists clenching. he bit the inside of his cheek, the taste of blood resting on his tongue.

"let's go." brian said sternly, his eyes set on her.

"get outta here brian." keith interpreted, putting his arm in front of you.

"y/n, now."

"get o-"

keith was interrupted by her soft yet exhausted voice. "it's okay keith."

keith looked back at her, a confused look plastered on his hard features.

"love-"

y/n walked up to the man, her delicate hand resting  on his bicep. he looked down at the girl, examining her features. her eyes were glossed over red, her pupils blown. he knew the gloss of her brown eyes was a mix of the endless cocaine and deepening sadness brian jones continued to bestow upon the younger girl.  "it's all gonna be alright."

he knew that  it was just her high talking. she wasn't alright. he wondered if she would ever be alright. her never ending love for his band mate was killing her. he just wondered how fast.

she leaned up towards keith's face, placing a feather light kiss against his sharp jaw. "don't wait up" she had whispered.

y/n stepped around keith's once protective stance, her drooping eyes set on the man she would never give up. the man she would never stop loving.

"hey baby." brian had whispered to his girl as she tucked herself under his arm. he rested his forehead against hers, a silent apology she never seemed to reject. she took a deep breath, her high beginning to wear down.

"take me home." she had whispered back.