Chapter Seventeen : You Two Were Bound to Happen

Start from the beginning

Or maybe he's just overreacting? Whatever feud the two dancers have might not even get that far; and before anyone knows it they'll all be friends again. But then the ravenette remembers how angry Hyunjin was, how he genuinely grew hurt upon noticing that no one saw his view. Seungmin sighs while running his hands through his hair. He should not be this stressed about everything (because it looked as though no one else was), and yet here he was on the brink of having a meltdown. But then again the intensity of it all was urging him on; pushing him in that direction that is confronting Hyunjin about his behavior and hopefully get some sort of apology out of him. Even getting him to admit that he might have been in the wrong was a win. And maybe if Minho understands that the blonde was at least the tiniest bit sorry, then their dumb fight will finally diminish.

It wasn't necessarily Seungmin's place to be resolving conflicts between other members (that was more of Chan's responsibility), but it seems as though this problem seemed more personal—as if he was the only one who could actually stop whatever nonsense was happening. It wasn't until he was retying his sneakers that he came to a conclusion. He'll be the mediator for now. He'll be the one to try and reel everyone back into their places; and if he really needs help, then he'll get their leader to step in and call for an intervention. The ravenette doesn't think he'll be needing the help though. He's pretty confident that he could get Hyunjin to see that he was being irrational, and that Minho may have gone overboard when it came to the teasing. All he really needs is a moment alone with each man, which in all honesty was going to be a little harder than he thinks. Because all while the other members know about giving space when needed, Jisung just doesn't seem to catch the hint. The brunette rapper had practically attached himself to Minho the second they stepped into the dressing room, and then when they were given the instructions to start heading back towards their respected vehicles, he completely flipped the script. Now he was trying to wiggle his way towards Hyunjin.

It was irritating.

It was unfortunate because Seungmin really wanted to speak with the blonde dancer first. If what Hyunjin was doing during the video shoot meant anything, their friendship wasn't entirely destroyed—and the ravenette wished to rebuild it into what it once was before it collapses altogether. Looks as though he wouldn't be able to do so if a giant squirrel man was in the way. So with a quick reconstructing of his plan, the young singer would just have to talk with Minho first, and hope to any higher power that the stubborn elder doesn't need a verbal apology from Hyunjin in order to move forward in their lives. So Seungmin walks until he had fallen in line with the other's steps. Of course they wouldn't be able to have their conversation at the current moment, but hopefully he'll be able to initiate that they most definitely need to communicate once they reach the dorms.

Thankfully the understanding didn't take much. Just something simple like a subtle brushing of their arms, and the few words of having to talk later being mumbled. It's just while Minho nodded to agree, making everything fall in line so effortlessly, Seungmin couldn't shake an awful feeling. Anxiety began to eat away at his stomach. He kept his head low while entering the van, too keeping silent as he took his previous seat beside the older dancer. His mind ran a marathon of scenarios as he was drove back home, so he couldn't particularly include himself in whatever jokes Felix and Jeongin laughed about. He faked a smile so he didn't look awkward, but with the way he fiddled with his fingers (particularly with the faux wedding band he was given for the role play and then told to keep), and occasionally shifted in his seat, it wasn't hard to tell that he was nervous about something. And what was frustrating to the singer was that he didn't even know what was wrong. Maybe he was just worried that he won't be able to help his two friends?