Chapter Seventeen : You Two Were Bound to Happen

Now playing Attention by Kiana Ledé

Chapter Seventeen : You Two Were Bound to Happen

The air around everyone felt lighter. There wasn't that aggression and animosity from before, neither no deep frowns or nasty glares. But then again no one was chatting with giant smiles and a bubbly heart either. There had clearly been a line drawn; Hyunjin and his raging thoughts shoved to one side, while everyone kept put on the other. They only had one rule when it came to it, and that was to never cross it—that is unless you wanted another argument to occur. So when it came to the end of the video shoot each member kept silent. They all respectfully thanked the director for such an amazing opportunity, to only reseal their lips as they followed Amy back towards their dressing rooms. The most talking that may have been given was such assistant giving her own personal praises for their professionalism, and then the eight men approving of the compliments. But that was only as far as any conversation had gone before everyone was told that they had arrived to their changing room. That's when the reality of a division within the group continued.

Because all while the others entered, about ready to strip back into their own clothes (that were more comfortable), Hyunjin didn't follow. He actually kept beside Amy, head slightly lowered as he obviously refused to make eye contact with anyone who solemnly stared back. The feeling of multiple pairs of eyes trained on his lean form made his skin itch and heart clench in agony. Don't get him wrong, he wholeheartedly missed the others—missed their usual childish shenanigans and how Chan scolded them if they got too rowdy. And it had him on the brink of falling to his knees and begging for their forgiveness, but then he would remember how they had gotten there in the first place. Now he was angry all over again. No one, not even Kim Seungmin who stared almost pleadingly could get him to surrender so easily. So he bites his tongue and turns on the ball of his feet when Amy asks him to follow her. And no matter how badly he wanted to look back, he doesn't.

He almost does, yet stands his ground in the end.

It made it seem as if the line they drew began to grow into a wall. And it wasn't something paper thin where any one of them could just blow it over with a huff of breath; no, this one was stronger, thicker. And it was also getting really tall. At any point now Seungmin won't be able to see over the ledge, and that's scary. He tries not to express it, but he's terrified about how the entire situation is beginning to unfold. If Hyunjin nor Minho put down their pride, the entire group will unravel. Eventually there will be sides being taken and then that'll lead to more than one person ending up hurt. And witnessing all of them upset rather than just one or two would be a lot harder. Closing his eyes as he takes a heavy seat down beside Jeongin, Seungmin could see it now. All of the shouting, all of the crying, gosh all of the damage.