Back home, they carry the ingredients to the garden and set Jungkook's portable stove outdoors. Jimin puts on an indie playlist while Jungkook opens his patio umbrella so that they don't get burnt from the sun, regardless of how harmless it seems still. After doing a quick search of a pancake recipe online, they are set to go.

"Breakfasts shouldn't need this much effort," Jungkook complains as he stirs the eggs and sugar, on his fifth minute of doing this. Jimin won't let him stop until it becomes creamy or whatever. "Plus, why am I the assistant chef?!" he pauses briefly as Jimin comes to his side.

"Aah," the man is holding a strawberry against his lips.

Jungkook's face splits into a smile.

"Now you like being the assistant chef," Jimin teases as he feeds Jungkook, a fond expression behind his smile.

"A few perks, I guess."

Jimin grabs a few more strawberries, laughing mindlessly when he notices how Jungkook's eyes won't leave the fruit in his hands. "Stir the mix!" he gives Jungkook a push, though he proceeds to feed him another one.

"More more," Jungkook jumps on his toes cutely.

"Finish stirring first."

Jungkook whines, although he sees another strawberry coming his way. He eagerly opens his mouth so that Jimin slips it in but what ends up happening is a smear on his cheek and Jimin giggling like mad at the shock written on Jungkook's face. 

"Hyung!!" he shouts, laughing as he points at the pink on his cheek. 

"Come here," Jimin approaches him, suddenly too close. He is breathing funny as he holds Jungkook's cheek from the other side and brings his face close. He darts his tongue and just like that, licks the strawberry juice from Jungkook's cheek.

Jungkook is stunned, goosebumps rippling all over. He is burning red, he can tell, and there is no way Jimin can't feel his heart race when they make eye contact.

For a moment it looks like Jimin will shove him in embarrassment, or break into a laugh or whatever — do one of his typical Jimin things — but just as Jungkook is convinced the moment is was over, Jimin pecks him on the lips. 

"Stir the mix," he breathes his last laugh before he parts, busying himself with the fruits on the other side of the table, as if it doesn't show on his fucking face just how flustered he is at proper self for what he did.

Jimin might not be staring anymore but Jungkook is. He is watching Jimin's every move, digging daggers into his side profile and he knows Jimin can feel Jungkook's eyes on him because the man is obviously making an effort to not smile (he has his lips pressed together like toast) and yeah, Jungkook wants him to go through all that, wants him to feel the fire brewing him internally, the same way his cheeks are burning a bright pink. 

Jungkook isn't feeling particularly bold to make a move, but keeping Jimin accountable for the shenanigans he pulls off is satisfying enough. 

Not that this is a game. 

It's just their thing now. It's what they do around each other.

Jungkook swallows as the bass of his pulse echoes through his body. 

So you can't keep to yourself anymore, too.

...

They have an unexpected visitor in the middle of their breakfast. Yoongi decided to drop by since Jungkook skipped their Saturday meetup — his words. No hard feelings, he jokes after he says this, but there is something about the sharpness of his gaze that tugs at Jungkook's heart.