"I'm with my husband. Honeymoon."

"Ohh. Have a happy married life." He smiled at me.

"Thanks. I hope so." I showed my crossed fingers to him and gave a wide smile. I took my shopping bag and made my way out of the store.

I was walking as I saw a familiar figure. It was Vihaan.

But he was with a woman.

That woman was smiling and talking to him. I stood there and a frown took place in my face. I narrowed my eyes at them as I saw him also smiling at her.

Ohh, see Kia. How she is eyeing your man.

Fury took over my body. Can't she see that he is married. Why all these girls have to go after the man I love.

Yes, I love him.

I don't know when did it happen and it's only been a month, but I have utterly fallen in love with him. I love when he cares for me, when he does things that make me smile, when he cooks for me, takes me out and cuddles with me.

The mere sight of him makes me feel like flying in air. I feel secure in the presence of him, feels like nothing can happen to me when he is with me. A great sense of warmth travels through my body and those butterflies feeling in my stomach whenever he is close to me. I'm just unable to keep my hands and eyes off him.

Love is a weird feeling, isn't it? It just happens with the most unexpected person. With someone who you know might not be yours. It feels like the first sunny, warm day after a really long and shitty winter, except it goes on for longer.

But being in love is also like constantly having a word on the tip of your tongue but never fully getting the word right because it's not strong enough.

I may have fallen in love with him. But all those boldness of mine aside, he might never feel the same for me.

Sure, we are very comfortable with each other that we don't mind the our physical touch, our constant hugs and kisses. It might be just cuddles for him and nothing more.

He might still be in love with his ex. That's what scares me the most. I don't want to get hurt once more.

Rejection.

It can be a literal nightmare for someone.

Imagine falling in love with someone, only for them not to reciprocate it.

The heartbreak.

I understand it's totally okay to not reciprocate someone's love because you cannot force love. But that does hurt like shit.

I have always been afraid of rejection. I rarely used to initiate a talk with someone in the past because I feared they might not like me and that will make me sad. But I'm past that stage now. I don't care who likes me or not.

But it's different with Vihaan. I do want him to love me back.

I took long strides towards them and immediately wrapped my arms around Vihaan's torso, "Honey, where were you? I was looking for you everywhere."

He looked at me with his raised eyebrows probably wondering why I'm using such endearings. I gave him a hard glare in return.

I turned towards the woman to see her eyes locked at our intertwined arms.