Prelude

There is nothing.

There is only the deep, vast emptiness of still, unmoving air. It has no colour, form, nor shape; yet it can still be defined. No sounds, light or energy emitted from this place, but still, time flows endlessly, spiralling, gathering, parting, unbothered by the lack of energy. It keeps slaving away at an incompleteable task, accomplishing nothing.

Truly, this place is formless, shapeless, and colourless. There is nothing to be seen, felt or heard, anywhere.

Perhaps, then, this "nothing" is the catalyst for creating "something".

It's small, unnoticeable, and pitiful. Nothing commendable, as it's nothing more than a small light. Bumbling around in the void, it floats aimlessly, mindlessly, yet it gives time a purpose.

This tiny, dim light, no matter how useless it may be, gives meaning to something else, it serves a greater purpose, whether it knows that or not.

In turn, this gives the once almost indefinable space something more. It gives the space shape,and  structure, even if it's unstable and weak, prone to breaking at any given moment.

Then the light grows brighter.

Or rather, there is more of it. Another light dances across the barren wasteland which transcends the universe itself. It accompanies the other light, and they twirl aroundeach otherr, as if they needeach other to survive.

More and more of the lights join in, creating a cacophony of colour, a swirl of bright light, and it fills the once endless void with a multicoloured sky, reflecting an ocean below. The ocean seems endless.

It's filled with memories, songs with enchanting melodies and heavenly voices, and knowledge of the past and present. The tears of wailing sirens are the reason it exists, and it mirrors the ever-brightening sky above it.

For a moment, this world flashes white, before calming down again. The lights all condense and gather together, painting the rest of the sky a dim indigo colour, with a large, sparkling star in the centre of it all. It looks like a gate to another universe.

The sea below reflects the sky above, and in place of a star is a sapling. It grows, and whether that's in a split second or over thousands of millennia is unknown to anyone that might encounter it.

Mighty, regal and elegantly it stands; governing the chaotic depths below into a state of calmness. The glowing star almost looks like a halo above the tree's top branches. If only the star wasn't in front of the tree.

The world remained like that for a while. Still, calm and unmoving, before a person, or rather, the soul of a person climbs above the water. They look confused, dazed before the otherworldly sight before them, before they swim through the air, toward the star. More and more join in, creating an endless stream of different coloured bodies toward the star. The souls fly freely, unbound from earthly shackles, towards the eternity where there is no time, sorrow or happiness.

Amongst all of this, a lone figure traverses the water, toward the looming tree that seemed black under the blinding light. It takes a seat under the tree, watching the iridescent school of souls pass through the ocean, and into the star above them.

A leaf falls from the tree. It switches between a multitude of colours, glowing slightly. The figure catches it in its hands, before watching it crumble into dust.

"Ua make keia ao. He mea hilahila." it spoke to itself, throwing the dust out to sea. It then looked to a lone branch at the edge of the tall tree. On an empty branch. A small, yet noteworthy flower was beginning to bloom. The figure smiled to themselves. "Ā. ʻIke au ua hānau hou kēia ao.

"E ʻike kākou i ka hānau hou ʻana iā ʻoe, e nā hoa kahiko.".