Interlude II

Legends contain ancient truths that otherwise would've been left unknown, deemed impossible by modernity, and left to die in the darkness. It's a fact everyone knows, no matter whether they want to believe it or not.

Even the most outlandish and unrealistic tales, to an extent, are based on something real, even the Divine themselves.

But, of course, these Divine Beings aren't always portrayed accurately. They're cunning enough to deceive their subjects easily, as if it were a mere chore for them. They'll only let humans write what they want themselves to be seen as.

This god was no different.

Cheerful, energetic, playful and kind, he was supposed to represent humanity, and the way everyone should treat each other, looking after them all himself.

He should love them, care for them, as if they were his own family.

Though old myths may contain truths, they contain great lies, too. Especially the ones involving the Gods.

The Sun God was not caring, nor was he sympathetic. He wasn't cheerful, and he certainly wasn't a truthful being.

The Sun God was angry. The Sun God was growing impatient. It all started when one of his puppets came back empty-handed, hair a little wet from the rain.

"I lost her." he said, solemnly, plonking himself onto the bed. Torn into two, it seemed. The Sun God didn't mind that. He enjoyed seeing people like that, actually.

"Wha?" he asked. Was he lying? Or was he genuinely curious? His puppet didn't seem to know.

"I already told you. She noticed me, and she got me lost in the woods.".

Pathetic.

"Two whole hours, and you still weren't able to do anything? Zilch? Null? Nothin'?" The Sun God asked, childishly, "Why?"

"No. Sorry. I was stuck trying to get out of that forest. It's pretty deep, easy to get lost in."

"I'm beginning to think you're lying to me, Joachim." His face began to reflect his emotions, but the questions he asked were all lies, "All that time, and you really didn't do anything? Whaddya think I am, dumb? I lend you a hand and this is what you do with my help?"

"Look, I'm sorry, I really am. I wanted to wait until she got to the beach. It would incriminate Simon more, okay?" he reasoned. The Sun knew this already, he always knew what they thought.

"Well, it's not me who's benefittin' from this! It's you, y'know? You have one more day - probably even less than that now, to get Simon outta your way! It'd be a real big shame if all this effort was just completely wasted. Simon won't even be the one dying, either. You can still visit him in jail, he ain't gonna know you did anything!" He argued back.

"And why do I have less than a day?"

The Sun God seemed to pause for a moment, leaning back in his chair, his feet on the table.

"Stella is gonna be gettin' ready for that stupid dance thing. Probably. I would help you, but I kinda have to go, too! So I won't be able to help you." he grumbled, as much as someone with a voice as cheery as his could, "It's really, really stupid to murder someone during the day, especially if you're a newbie to the whole homicide deal! I, personally, based off of many second-hand-first-hand-personal experiences, would not attempt that.".