End of Flashback :

The one thing I would never do is lay my hand on my son. If there was anything I hated most about my father, it was how abusive he was.

He hurt me but made me believe I deserved every scar and every wound he inflicted on me. He hurt my mother so much, she killed herself. I went on for years believing it was my fault. I never got to spend any time with her because it was all spent with my father and his training.

Only to find out years after her death she had written me a letter. A letter explaining how I shouldn't blame myself and how she couldn't handle after 30 years of marriage the torture of being with my father. 

I sigh turning over facing away from Julian. I think that's the reason I stay away from him as much as I do. I used to look in the mirror and start seeing my father, but whenever I took time away from Julian I was back to normal.

I've had my best friend Stefano help me with Julian but lately he's been busy as well.

That was the main reason I had to hire Isabelle. After she took up on the offer of my job. I went and investigated everything about her.

She was in a expensive college program but her family wasn't the most fortunate. That was probably the main reason she took up my offer.

I also had a tracker placed into her phone. I had one of my men copy everything from her phone into another exact replica, then placed a tracker in that one.

He bumped into her at college grounds and replaced her phone with the copy.

It works the exact same and it's a real phone not one we had made. The only change was the tracker.

I'm not crazy. I know girls like her. Obsessed with their phones so that was the best place to put it.

Like I said, everywhere she goes I can monitor.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm just looking out for my son. I would do anything for him even if that means tracking his babysitter.

Just as I felt my eyes shutting, I could hear Julian moving in sleep until his arm wraps around my clothed waist and he threw his leg around both mine.

If felt weird but I didn't dare moving any of me. I felt him stay close to me. It felt kind of nice.

It felt like I am his father, and he is my son.

~~~

Isabelle's POV:

I expected to see the unknown man claiming to be Julian's father to be back home again.

But he wasn't. After yesterday's incident I stayed away from the couches. I was walking home because again I had stayed too late.

I tried my best to not leave until I knew Julian's dad would be home so he could take care of Julian.

But I waited until like 12 before Julian told me that he was safe, and the only other person who could get in the house was his dad.

I didn't want to leave him alone but I didn't want to late for my tomorrow's early class.

I was walking down the same alley I'd seen that man beating another man to death.

I felt a chill run down my spine as I imagine the same person looking at me.

Dark glowing green eyes, ring on their right hand and cut on their face.

I shook my head before taking attention off the creepy alley and walking home.

I still had a lot of distance to go, but it was refreshing. Except for the burning feeling in my legs.

I ordered a bike online and it's coming tomorrow. I wouldn't have to walk home anymore.