Chapter 3

Darwin and Gumball are sitting on the couch watching TV, eating chips, their eyes are red from watching too much TV, while K.O. and Eve were across from them asleep.

"Dude..." Gumball groaned with his eyes barely blinking. "Is this how we spend our lives?"

"I don't know man." Darwin said as he continued to flick through the channels.

"Listen-" "Gumball-" "The world-" "Is ending-" "So look for the signs."

The words formed a strange sentence making the catfish duo raise their brows in confusion.

"That was weird." Gumball said but quickly brushed it off. "Keep flicking." He said, Darwin doing as told.

~Scene Change~

"The end is near! The end is near!" An elderly man said as the school bus haltes to a stop. Gumball and Darwin looking at the sight in concern.

"Just what is going on?" Darwin asked as the bus began to move again.

"The end is near! The end is near!" The man continued to yell as the bus drove away. "Of our fifty percent off sale so hurry up!"

~Scene Change~

Gumball and Darwin are sitting on a bench while eating their sandwiches, and suddenly a flock of birds flies by.

"That's weird. Where do you think all those birds are going?" Gumball asked.

Elsewhere, a gently toasted living piece of toast sat on the stairs happily enjoying his sandwich. That was until he looked to see the multitude of birds. Each one staring at him with their beady eyes.

"U-um? D-do you want my sandwich?" He asked as he threw the meal at them. They continued closer and closer before they strike.

"Aaahhhh!!!!!!!" The toast yelled as he was being eaten alive.

Meanwhile, Gumball and Darwin are looking at the large flock of birds soaring away in concerned confusion.

"Okay, something is really off here." Gumball surmised as he put his food away.

"Yeah. First the stuff with the TV, then that old guy and now the birds are being strange." Darwin examined.

"Greetings carbon based lifeforms." Their robotic classmate Bobert approached them. "Would you like to sign up for the science club's event of watching the eclipse?"

"Eclipse?" The two questioned in unison.

"Um...What happens during an eclipse?" Darwin asked.

"The sun will be covered by the moon as the land will be consumed by a complete and unnatural darkness." Bobert explained making the boys.

"What about bad stuff? Anything like that?" Gumball asked.

"The ancient Mayan people believed such an event meant the end of the world. This was proven false by the advent of science."

"THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!"

"That's just superstition. Anyway the eclipse will take place in about twenty-four hours."

"IN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS!!!!"

"Will you let me finish?"

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" They ran away in terror.

"I'll take that as a 'yes' then." Bobert said, returning to his clipboard.

~Elsewhere~

Gumball and Darwin are now panicking in the halls like a bunch of idiots.