I nodded my head leaning back into the couch before sitting Yosi's back against my arm while she faced the TV. I gently wiped the tears that brimmed in her eyes along with the ones that spilled onto her cheeks and grabbed the pink pacifier that sat on the living room table, placing it up to her mouth before she began sucking on it.

I eyed her as she sat there looking at TV while sucking on her pacifier, rubbing her small hand that rested onto mine.

"She really quiet now" I heard Sy'Mere mumble, I grinned. Glancing over towards him seeing his eyes on her before they switched onto mine.

"Open the food" I said nodding my head towards the bag he placed on the table, he grabbed it before opening it.

"She's really into this" I commented, watching as Yosi just openly stared blinking her eyes at the TV.

"She wasn't ah' minute ago" Sy'Mere said, I looked at him before laughing while he shook his head. "Dat' shit still crazy ta' me man, I was doing da' exact same thing wit' ha' and she still wasn't letting up—but now dat' you hea', its nothing"

"It's okay" I said, glancing down at Yosi. "I can't even tell you what was wrong because I don't know but—you know how babies can be sometime"

He nodded while grabbing one of the plates of food, passing it over to me.

"Thank you" I said, grabbing the plate. "It's some plastic forks in there and that plate is for you, I didn't know if you had ate already so I just made you a plate"

"Oh damn, I appreciate dat' mama" Sy'Mere said grabbing his plate along with the forks, I nodded my head as I grabbed the fork he passed out to me before I immediately opened my plate and began eating.

"Mhmm" I moaned, taking a huge bite out of the garlic knot that sat on my plate. It was still hot and fresh but also good.

"Come on now moo" I heard Sy'Mere say, glancing over at him seeing him smirking.

"What?" I asked eating, looking down at Yosi who was now staring up at me.

"Hi, pretty girl" I said cooing, smiling as she continued looking at me before she stopped sucking her pacifier and began giving me a smile.

"What are you talking about Sy'Mere?" I asked looking over at him, taking another bite out of my food.

"You still be doing dat' when you eat, huh?" He asked looking at me, I furrowed my eyebrows.
I instantly became lost not knowing what he was talking about.

I simply sat there eating, staring at him as he chuckled and shook his head. "Nothing moo" he said.

"Okay" I said chuckling, awkwardly. We sat there in silence with nothing to fill the room but Cocomelon that continued playing on the TV as we ate, finishing off our food.

"Yo, dat' shit was good as hell mama" Sy'Mere said placing his empty plate inside the bag.

"Thank you" I said as he grabbed mine, placing it in the bag with his before balking it up.

"I guess mama cooking wearing off on you ah' bit" I heard him say before turning and walking off, I smacked my lips.

"Boy, you know mama taught me how to cook" I said grabbing Yosi, placing her up to my eye level as she stared at me.

"You're just gonna stare at me all night, huh mama?" I asked rubbing her cheek, smiling as she smiled before yawning. I pouted as I watched her, it was the cutest thing that I had ever seen.