Chapter 27 (revised)

Zacznij od początku

I chuckled. "The same as usual."

She laughed. "That woman practically raised us."

I nodded. "She tolerated us sneaking in and out of her house. I'm surprised she didn't turn grey."

There was silence for a moment.

"Has she spoken to you at all lately...?" I was testing the waters. I wanted to see if she told her anything. If I know these two inseparable people, they tell each other everything.

And if they haven't told each other everything, then even if they haven't, they still some how know.

She shook her head. "No. We haven't spoken since the hospital."

Damn... I was hoping they talked.

"Did you two have a fight?"

I stopped writing. "Um."

She chuckled. "You only ask when you two fight. What was it about?"

I rubbed my neck. "Ah, she'll probably tell you when she comes back-"

(Hunter's POV) (TW; mention of abuse)

It was nearly dark by the time I got back. I boarded off the train and expected Roy to be there, but he wasn't.

Oh god he's mad..

I stood on the lonely platform and felt the train moving past me, the gust of wind moved hair into my face.

I sighed and started walking, my bag in hand.

He might be home by now, considering the time.

Should I just go to my house? And leave my stuff at his house?

Ugh! I can't do that!

I might've just messed up this.... Whatever this is.. all because I freaked out..

I hadn't expected myself to do that- it just felt like a shock.

I stood at the bottom of his steps and looked up at the door. I could feel myself wanting to panic.

Why?

Because I felt that I was in trouble. And in the past.. being in trouble nearly landed me in the hospital.

But that was then, and this is now. And now is different, now is.. completely different.

I took a shaky breath before walking up the steps and walking into his house. I put my bag on the floor.

I took a few breaths, my legs and hands felt shaky, and my heart was racing. It honestly felt like adrenaline.

I took a few deep breaths. This is Roy... this is Roy...

I peered into the living room and it was empty. I looked into the kitchen and found him standing by the counter, he had been watching me the whole time.

I nervously stepped in. "I'm home.."

He smiled and turned back to finish whatever he was doing.

I quietly picked up my bag and walked up the stairs. I went into his room and started packing the rest of my things. Just get your things and get the hell out, then we'll be safe-

Just.. have to get out of here. Get out and get to safety.

"What are you doing?"

His voice made me jump, and my heart started racing even more.

My stomach dropped. I took a few breaths before turning to him. My mouth felt so dry. "P-Packing... my.. my thing."

He raised a brow.