Chapter 27 (revised)

Start from the beginning

I paused at that... Yeah, yeah I do.

She chuckled at my silence. "And he feels the same."

I scoffed. "He told you that?"

"No, but no one waits around for 10 years." She looked at me. "What time does your train leave?"

I looked at the clock. "5" I paused.

"You need to be more slutty."

My eyes snapped back up.

"And orgasms! You need orgasms. At least once a month." She started gesturing with her hands. "And open up your-"

"Mom please! We're not having this conversation again!"

She laughed and picked up her new paper. "It's so easy to rile you up. But seriously darling, have more fun with your sexuality, it's there for a reason."

I shook my head. Despite the embarrassing things she does and says, I love this woman, and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

She always knew what to do and what to say, she held my hand through a lot of things, she hurt whenever I hurt. And that is why I couldn't tell her about the Howard situation.

Because she would've been devastated.

"Momma.."

"Hm?"

"Can you come with me to the cemetery?"

She glanced at me and smiled. "Of course. I'd be happy to."

(Roy's POV)

I sat at my desk trying to concentrate on the paperwork in front of me. Since I was gone for a few days, the work piled up, plus I didn't have my usual team so everything was behind.

And this new team, was annoying. Annoying because they didn't know how to work with each other, they had no rhythm, not like the original team.

My mind drifted to the way Hunter's nails dug into my back, the scratch marks. Her chest pressed against mine, that warm feeling-

I took a big a breath, snapping out of my daydream.

We barely spoke the day I left, she didn't even look at me. God... is she mad? Did I rush her into that?

She said give her space, but how much space? Is she coming back to my house? Her stuffs still there, so probably.

I feel all gross, like I manipulated her into it-

But I didn't! Why does it feel like I did?..

I groaned under my breath, pressing my pen into the paper and scribbling in frustration. I sighed. And now I need a new document because I ruined this one. Perfect!

———

I sat in the dining hall, alone. There was a small buzz with all the people talking. I stopped writing when my mind flashed back to when Hunter and I sat here and laughed about my 13 year old ignorance for the girl I liked.

I only drank that puddle because she told me to, and I wanted to make her laugh. I can't believe I did that-

I paused.

I miss her.

Hawkeye stood in front of me. "Mind if I sit?"

"Not at all." I gestured her to sit.

"How's Devlin?"

I scribbled. "Fine. She's coming home today."

"How's her mother?" She fiddled with her food.