"I'm sorry, who flared up like the Hulk last night?" Tony argued.

"Clint wasn't allowed on the same floor as her," Sam laughed.

"I was mildly concerned," Nat defended. The look on Clint's face begged to differ.

"You shouldn't have been," you said, "Heimdall could have grabbed you at any second if things went wrong."

Nat turned to look at Clint, "You failed to mention she did have an escape plan."

"I was too busy trying to stay alive to mention it," Clint whined.

"Doesn't matter," you said, "I'm fine, and Heimdall is looking for Thor as we speak. He and Loki will make amends with Odin and then he'll join us here."

"Speaking of, I'll need to debrief you during lunch," Tony chimed in.

"First, I wasn't exactly on a mission. Second, I kinda just told you everything of importance."

"He means he wants to hear about your night," Nat said, raising an eyebrow at Tony.

He gave her a look in return as all of you entered the living area. Nat, Vision, and Wanda went to sit on the sofas, while Clint, Steve, Sam, and Rhodey went to the table. Sofas seemed like the less-awkward place to be, so you followed Nat and took a seat in the same comfy chair as two days ago. Tony was at the fridge, pulling out a bunch of items and placing them on the counter.

"So, anything happen while I was gone, besides you trying to kill Barton?" you asked Nat.

"Nothing as fun, no," she joked, pulling her legs into a curled position on the couch.

"Well, there was that business with Director Fury," Vision offered.

Nat rolled her eyes, "I know Vis, I was getting to that."

You looked at her to continue.

"Fury dropped by yesterday," she said, "The remnants of Shield that he has running picked up on the quantum energy from your arrival. Seeing as it originated from the compound, Fury didn't come over right away. However, he came by himself to discuss it. He likes to check up on us."

"And, what did you tell him?" you asked.

"Since you were up at Asgard, we figured it was best to keep him in the dark for now. Tony made up some excuse about his lab experiments. Fury would have had too many questions, none of which we wanted to answer, and he would have wanted to see you, which was out of the question at the time."

"Fury also doesn't trust easily," Wanda said. Based on her look you took it she knew from experience.

"Yeah, he can be like that sometimes. Always comes through though," you added, not wanting to bash Fury.

"He can certainly be a handful, but I've learned how to handle him," Nat said with a grin.

"Ok, sandwich bar is ready. Grab it while you can," Tony announced to the room. "And don't let me catch you leaving the mayo-covered knife on the counter," he added, looking at one of the guys at the table.

"One time Tony," Rhodey complained, standing up with the rest of the guys.

Tony flicked him hard on the ear as he passed, scurrying quickly around the counter before Rhodey could retaliate.

"Take it outside," Sam said, as Rhodey slowly walked around the counter, with Tony matching his pace in order to keep the surface between the two of them.

"Not near the food, guys," Steve added.

Tony held up his hands in a gesture of innocence, while Rhodey reluctantly got in line for a sandwich. Ten minutes, and lots of arguing over the last of the turkey, passed and you were once again seated at the table with the Avengers, chomping away at your sandwich and chips. You realized you'd eaten on Asgard without a problem, too preoccupied with everything to even think of being sick. Funny how quickly the mind tries to adjust. Thinking of the fact that it had to adjust, and the reason behind said adjustment, made you momentarily freak out again. You kept eating though, letting your mind go back to it's subconscious bliss while you didn't focus on any of the mind-shattering things around you.