After years of trying to enter the fashion industry, I made it.

"Why? Why are you still awake, dad?" he crossed his arms, "I was gonna drink and I thought of getting you some milk too."

I smiled and took the glass of milk he handed. I thought that was it but he smiled sadly, "Someone wants to see you."

I don't know but my heart starts beating faster. My palms start sweating, "Who?"

He taps my shoulder and pulls to kiss my forehead, "Your ex."

I gapped. Feeling my heart stop beating. It's been two years since we silently separated. After that night, I moved back to my parents' house.

This will be the first time I'll see him. Not even on the runways, because he always has other things to do.

I know he has been avoiding me. And as for me, I wait. I waited for him to be ready to see me again.

And maybe, the universe has heard me. I hurriedly put on my long coat and walked up to the mirror. Before retreating to their room, I heard my father mutter 'good luck and take care.'

As soon as I opened our door, I gasped. It's been a long time and he still looks dashing even under the moonlight.

"Kai..." I whisper, he flashes his sweetest smile.

"Why didn't you come inside?" I said cheerily. I am excited to see him, I know that I've been longing for him.

"I'm sorry for suddenly coming in the middle of the night. Were you sleeping?" I shook my head, "No. I was... I was sketching."

"I see." he smile and rub the back of his neck, "Can we... Can we talk?" he asked.

I swallowed. This is it. This is my last chance to enter his life.

"Sure. Do you want to come inside or we talk in the garden?" I asked, he smiled and motioned to the garden.

We've been sitting side by side for a few minutes now, I wanted to stare at him but I feel shy doing it.

I took a deep breath and was about to start the conversation when he asked, "Leah, how are you?"

I plastered a fake smile, honestly, I've never been well.

Haven't been well since we parted ways.

"I'm fine, I guess. My brand is being distributed all over the globe now." I proudly said, he applauded in enthusiasm, "I'm so proud of you, Jaleah! Wow! I always knew you're gonna make it. Your designs are all amazing!"