We ended up in bed. And I thought he fell asleep as I lay above him, running my fingers through his naked chest.

I was busy watching the night sky when I felt him kiss my head and whisper, "I'm sorry."

I look at him; his eyes are closed, but I can see the tear stains from earlier through the moonlight.

"Kairo..." he hums, and moves closer, and put his hand over my waist, completely trapping me between his arms.

There was a brief silence, and I wish it lasted longer.

"I will be better, love. I'll do my best to be enough..." I couldn't move to look at him, I wanted to say something but I feel like there's more, he's gonna tell more, he's going to talk with his heart and I have to listen.

And I want to hear him. Because I love him. And because I'm scared.

"Remember the first year we dated? Your family disapproves." as much as I want to stop him, I just hug him tight. I remember how cruel my parents were, that whenever he visits, he only gets insulted and criticized. They never welcomed him, they even want to shut the door right in front of his face if only I didn't come down from my room. But no matter how disrespectful my parents were, he stayed, he fought for me, for us.

"On our second year, I made a list of things I should do to keep you. On top of it is to become a successful man, I wanted to become someone that your parents will give their trust and approval. Because I know, you're their princess. And what I do or plan to do for you threatens their kingdom. So, I got modeling jobs, baby. But it wasn't enough for your family."

I heard him chuckle, "'But it's okay, I'll do better next time. As long as I have you, as long as you're willing to stay with me. It's fine. I can take it.' It's something I kept telling myself. And baby, I succeed. I was able to keep you. I still have you."

I smiled.

Kairo is one of a kind man. Out of all the boys who tried, he's the only guy I let in. And he's the only guy who gave his best to get my parents' approval.

My family, they're possessive of me. I figured that out when they wanted me to break up with him, telling me that he wasn't enough and he will never be enough for me. But I don't want to.

Because I know that I'll never be able to find someone like him if I let him go. And besides, he told me he'll do his best to prove himself, I hold on to that, I trust him. After two years of courting my family, my mother began to like him, and my father soon acknowledged him.

"I was so happy when you moved in with me, that means you trust me. And your family trusts me too. My modeling career was getting bigger, but I was happier to know that I have you to support me." I felt him kiss my head, I was waiting for him to continue but there was only silence.

I was about to check on him when he kept me at bay, I heard him sniff before he cleared his throat.

"And after years of being together, you finally thought of continuing what you love. It made me so proud, baby. So proud of you. I love watching you get drowned with your passion, I love seeing you happy whenever you mentioned your clothing line. It makes me feel so happy."

He sniff and sighed, "At the same time, scared. Your name is getting bigger, you're getting busier too. But I understand, I told myself that you waited for this, I was there when you planned for this, and I shouldn't mess up the things you worked so damn hard just because I was insecure. I admit that I'm still insecure that you'll meet someone better than me; someone who will be enough for you. But that's on me, they are my demons that I have to conquer and defeat."