Beginning

Onika sat quietly in the cafeteria of the new school which she had just transferred to, she and her mom had just moved to the state. That was it, new state, new beginnings.

New beginnings from what? You may ask, new beginnings from a lot but now is not the time for back stories.

There she sat alone just looking at everyone passing by her table with inquisitive eyes, she's never really had friends mostly because of what she had to move away from.

She just sat there picking at her food, she knew she wasn't actually going to eat it. Soon enough the bell rang, so she got up and trashed the food before clutching tightly to her backpack and going to her next class, which was sadly maths, on getting to the class the teacher already knowing about her situation didn't make it a point for her to have to introduce herself.

"Nicki, you can just sit at the back over there with Kelly." the teacher Mrs. Bryan said "Kelly please put your hand up."

The girl supposedly Kelly put her hand up making Nicki nod and walk over to the sit next to hers.

"Hey." Kelly said a little while after the lesson begun.

Nicki just stared at her wishing she could say something back, but she couldn't she was mute and there's nothing she could do about it.

"Umm..." Kelly said awkwardly scratching her nape after realising the girl wasn't going to say something anytime soon.

Soon after the awkward interaction Nicki just kept her eyes focused on the board and what the teacher was saying, she then started feeling eyes on her making her turn around to see who it was, catching sight of the most prettiest girl she'd ever seen in her life with the most captivating set of brown eyes that could literally stare into your soul.

Feeling kinda uncomfortable she turned around to focus more on her work.

The school day just finished and Nicki couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious girl in her math class and likewise the mysterious girl couldn't stop thinking about the new girl in her math class.

Nicki took a long walk home trying to clear her mind, on getting home she didn't see anyone or at least her mom at home making her nervous, she quickly went through the whole house looking for her until she got to the kitchen, seeing a note on the countertop which wrote;

Nic, I'll be a bit late tonight,
But don't worry I'll be back,
I just wanted to tell you so
you'd know there's no reason to
worry.
I love you.

She read the note, which made her smile a little, she loves her mom and there's no denying it, she loves her to the moon and back.

She's the only one that stayed by her side when it felt like the whole world was against her. She's the strongest woman she knows, who wouldn't shed a tear when things were going wrong but would rather be strong and protect the ones she loved.

She always put others before herself and that is what Nicki absolutely loved about her mom.

She got some snacks from the pantry, and decided to spend the rest of the day in her room, binge watching SpongeBob.

Finally, she's away from her demons and this was a fresh start for her. She could finally be at ease but not completely seeing she always had the feeling that they were not completely gone yet.