"You're forgetting that I'm an Alpha too. My pack will come after you if you touch me. And I'll come after you if you hurt my mate," he threatened.

I laughed at his words.

"I'll deal with that when the time comes," I told him.

I was trying to play it cool but my whole body felt strained. I needed to let my Wolf out. One wrong word from Blake and I was sure I would shift.

"I don't think you two should be fighting," the Rogue, Blake's mate, interrupted.

Her voice was low and there was a light tremble to it.

She looked scared.

"No one gave you permission to speak," I snapped at her.

"Don't talk to my mate like that!" Blake growled at me, shoving my shoulder back.

That was all it took. His push made my Wolf snap.

I could feel my claws extracting from my fingernails. My canines were coming out, and my bones started popping into place to allow the change to happen. I was taking longer to shift because I was trying to remain in my human form, but my Wolf was urging me to let him out.

"If this is how you want it," Blake said, before he shifted into his Wolf as well.

The air around us seemed to change, to grow tense.

'We can stop him,' one of my pack members said to me through our mind link.

'I'll take care of it,' I told him and created a wall in my mind to avoid any distractions.

Blake and I started attacking each other. My Wolf was in control of my body, which meant that most of my actions were more animalistic than usual.

Blake wasn't fending off any better. His desire to protect his mate from an inevitable fate was completely clouding his judgment.

If Blake beat me, even though I entirely doubted it, there was no way my pack would let him and his mate walk away alive.

My father and the pack would make sure to take care of Blake and his mate before they got a chance to step foot outside of the cells.

My thoughts distracted me for a moment, and Blake took that opportunity to bite into my neck. It wasn't deep, and I shoved him away before he could do any real damage. He landed on a heap in the ground, but took only a second to get up.

The space was much too small for both of us to be fighting. Our oversized Wolves weren't making it any easier. We didn't have much room to move, so it didn't take long to be in each other's throats.

I had just bitten down on his side, when a loud racket coming from down the hall made both Blake and I freeze in place.

My Wolf had his eyes focused on Blake and Blake was doing the same. But I could easily tell that he was also standing alert to whatever was happening outside.

"Alpha!" Scott barged into the hall, yelling out for me.

I unintentionally gave Blake my back. It wasn't a smart move, but the urgent tone in Scott's voice was getting to me. My Wolf stepped back and let me take control, although I remained in my Wolf form.

Blake didn't try to attack me and I had to respect that. He could have when I gave him my back, but he didn't.

"The Luna is... She got- she was knocked out," Scott nervously said once he was standing in front of me.

There were already too many people surrounding us and the hall suddenly felt more crowded after Scott spoke.

His words were enough to make me shift back. Someone beside me handed me a pair of shorts right after I changed and I wasted no time in slipping them on.