I chuckled, thinking that instead of giving her some comfort, she was the one giving it to me.

"So you didn't grow up in this pack?" I asked her.

We'd been talking for a while, and there was still no sign of Dylan or John. I heard them around the house, but they seemed busy with whatever they were doing.

"No, I'm not. You could say that John and I met after a strange situation. It actually involves the Alpha," Lilly said. At the mention of Dylan, I suddenly felt more interested in her story.

"What do you mean?"

"My dad is the Beta of Mountain Peak," Lilly began to say.

"You're the daughter of a Beta?" I asked, surprised.

Lilly nodded, and I smiled in return.

"I'm also the daughter of a Beta," I told her.

She understood why seemed excited about that, and smiled along with me.

"You know how most shifters find their mate while they're still young? Well, that wasn't happening to me. I'm actually three years older than John," Lilly said.

"You are?" She did look a few years older me, but it was easy to tell she was still young.

"I'm 25," she said.

I was surprised by that. So John was 22. I could see why John, Jace, and Dylan were really close. They were all around the same age. Now it made more sense why Eric was separate from the three.

"My dad thought it was a good idea to show me around with other packs. It's just me and my little brother, but he hasn't shifted yet. My father wanted him to take the Beta position. I still needed to find my mate though and my father wanted me with the Alpha."

I couldn't help but frown as Lilly said that.

She chuckled at something, and it took me a while to notice it was because of me.

"Don't worry, it was never like that. I met the Alpha during a gathering he was having. Several other Alphas and Beta's were invited, and I tagged along with my dad. We got presented, and talked for a little while. He's a really quiet guy, but I had to admit he was something. When I met John though- well, I'm guessing you know what happened after that," Lilly added, with a laugh.

A dreamy look covered her face, but I couldn't even crack a smile.

I remembered how Dylan wanted to kill Christy and the other Rogues for what they had done. I wanted to think it was to defend the pack, but part of me was still jealous that he was doing it for Lilly.

After Lilly told me that, I couldn't really enjoy any of the conversations we had. I was happy she was okay, but that was it.

When Dylan and John came back into the room, I got up from the chair.

"Are you ready?" Dylan asked, looking at me.

"I am," I replied, walking over to Dylan and letting him wrap his arm around my waist.

Lilly gave me what looked like a teasing smile, but I didn't understand why. I only pressed myself closer to Dylan as we said our goodbyes.

On the drive back home, I settled into my seat- not being able to stop the thoughts that were coming to my mind.

It wasn't like Dylan and Lilly had history. They hardly even talked to each other. From what Lilly had said, Dylan hadn't even been interested.

When he met me, he quickly made it obvious he wanted me. There was no way he would've been interested in her.