Chapter 5 - A New Face

Start from the beginning

"Stupid piece of... Well, you heard what I said. You have 5 seconds. 4... 3... 2... 1."

I still sat there.

I don't think I've ever seen him so angry in my life. His hands are smoking so much I'm worried the smoke alarm will go off, and he's staring me down with a look that could strike terror in even a villain's heart.

"You're lucky that I'm not willing to give up my membership here. The next time I see you, you will die."

He reached out at me, and I almost jumped away. But instead of grabbing me, he just grabbed the dumbbells he wanted. He set them down, stood back up, and sucker punched me dead in the cheek.

I was knocked to the side by the force of it. He hit hard, I knew from experience. But this time... This time it was bearable. Instead of being knocked off my feet like the last time he punched me, this time I didn't even need to use my hands to catch myself.

I pulled myself back up, and stared back at him. Bewilderment was plastered across his face, and rightfully so. That was by far the hardest hit he had ever thrown at me, and I took it head on. I was only bleeding inside my mouth a little bit, and that was because I bit my cheek.

I stared him in the eyes, a newfound confidence oozing from me.

"What was that about killing me?"

He didn't waste time with throwing another punch. But this time, I saw it coming. It felt slower than normal, and I ducked down before it landed. Kaachan couldn't stop his momentum, and slammed his fist into a metal bar.

"AGH, SHIT, FUCKING AAAUGH! PIECE OF SHIT-"

"What the hell's going on in there?"

I piped up.

"He just tripped and hit his hand, nothing too bad!"

"Well, if you say so."

Kaachan was clenching his fist tight. He'd punched that bar full-force, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd shattered a bone.

"Y-you piece of shit... I'll fucking kill you..."

He could barely speak through the pain. I could see his fingers turning purple and swelling, so it was definitely broken.

"You should probably go to the hospi-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP DEKU- AGH, FUCKING- AAAAUGHH!!!"

"Yeah, I'd say you should go to the hospital as well, dude. With how loud that was, you probably broke something."

"YEAH, NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!!!"

He started to walk away, and took one last look at me, seething with anger and agony. When he had final walked out the door, I grabbed the 25-pound dumbbells and put them back on the rack.

The whole thing yesterday with Kaachan was... Well, a confidence boost above all. That was the first time I've stood up to him in nearly a decade, and I think it's the first time I've ever "won" a confrontation with him. It felt... Really good. But, well, since he can't do it himself, he'll probably get his lackeys to come beat me up. Well, at least I've got one little win, I guess.

I sat down on the bench and looked out at the park. It's a nice little shaded meadow, great for sitting down and unwinding. And after the incident with Kaachan earlier, I needed a bit of downtime.

To celebrate my little win, I decided to break my diet, just this once. I pulled out a bag of strawberry mochi, and popped one into my mouth. It's a nice sweet flavor, one of my favorites.

"Hey, mind if I sit here?"

A girl's voice rang out. I looked to the side and saw a brown-haired girl with rosy pink cheeks standing by the bench.

"Oh, go ahead."

"Thanks."

She sat down and looked out into the park, not saying a word. I pulled out another Mochi, and noticed her glance over at it for more than a few seconds.

"Want one?"

"Oh, no no no, I don't want to be a bother-"

"Oh, it's no problem. I've got a whole bag, I wouldn't mind sharing a few."

"Oh... Ok then, I'll have one."

I grabbed one and dropped it into her hand. She took a bite of it and smiled so brightly that I swear that I got sunburnt.

"Mmm... Mochi's my favorite food, I don't get to have it enough..."

"Oh? Why not?"

Her bright mood was brought down a little.

"Uh... It costs too much..."

"Is that so? Well, I've got some extra cash, I could give it to you so you could buy yourself another bag, if you'd like."

Ok I think I'm riding the confidence wave a bit too much here, I'm drunk on confidence oh god help

"No, nononono that's too much, I mean, I've already taken too many of yours, I can't be going and taking your money too, that's just not-"

She's blushing so much that she looks like a chocolate-dipped strawberry. Fitting, with what we've been eating. Actually, I think I'm blushing a bit too...

We? How sly.

Shut up, intrusive thoughts!

"Hey, hey, slow down, I can barely hear what you're saying anymore! Besides, I've got enough of a rambling problem as it is!"

"Oh, my god, sorry, I just... Don't want to feel like a freeloader. I mean, I don't even know your name, I can't be just taking money from you!"

Wait... She's right, she doesn't know my name. I don't know her name either! What am I even doing!?

"Oh, names, haha, forgot about that. Anyways, I'm Izuku Midoriya."

"Midoriya, huh? How fitting."

She kept down a laugh.

"Yeah, I've heard that one before. It really is, isn't it?"

"Yeah... Oh, yeah, I'm Ochako Uraraka."

Uraraka... Beautiful day. Heh, and she said my name was fitting.

"Wait, what time is it?"

"Uh, 5:34."

"Oh, uh... Sorry, but I've got to go, we're supposed to be having dinner soon. One second..."

She pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled something down.

"Here."

She handed me the piece of paper, and I took it. I looked down and read it, and it was a hastily written series of number- wait. Did she just give me her phone number?

She just gave me her phone number.

At that moment, my face went redder than a firetruck.

I JUST TALKED TO A GIRL!!!!!

Whoa, entirely new chapter for a rewrite? Who would've guessed that!

Bakugo gets his just desserts, and Ochako gets some regular desserts. Also she gets introduced earlier. I kinda rushed her before, so introducing her earlier felt like the right thing to do.

Also fluff!

Praise the sun \[T]/