𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 17: 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲

Start from the beginning

Mirio chuckles, "a friend of mine."

"Mine too." Tamajiki adds in.

"Yeah, his too." Mirio says, a light laugh leaving his lips.

"I'm going to bed. Students don't have to be up till another hour." Tamajiki says.

Mirio waves him off. "Alright, see you soon buddy!"

My eyes land on a fruit in the basket on the counter. Mirio follows my gaze and points to a fruit.

"You want one?" He asks.

I nod, "there's a mango in the basket. May I have it?" I ask.

"Sure!" Mirio goes to take a step towards the counter.

Already having permission to grab the fruit, I zoom pass Mirio and onto a stool by the counter, taking the fruit.

I turn to Mirio to ask if he could peel and cut the fruit for me, but his eyes are wide.

I look behind me, thinking that there was someone there.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"How'd you do that?" Mirio asks.

I tilt my head, "do what?" I ask.

"How'd you zoom pass me like that? It was like you teleported!" He says, walking over to me.

He plops down in a stool across from me.

"Man, I thought I was fastest here. It seems like you beat me though." He chuckles loudly.

"I didn't know it was race." I hold out the mango, "could you peel this for me?"

Mirio turns to a drawer behind him, taking the mango with him. "Of course! Let me get something real quick."

He then pulls out a potato peeler. He grabs a plate from a cabinet, then holds the mango over the sink. He proceeds to peel the mango.

I tilt my head, "I thought that was used for potatoes."

I've seen Rina use one before.

Mirio gives a hearty chuckle. "Usually, but it's also good for peeling mangos too." He sets the mango on plate, then turns. "See? Easy peasy!"

He sets the plate in front of me, then turns to the sink again.

I pick up the mango.

I haven't had one of these in forever.

Being satisfied with the job Mirio did, I bite deep into it. Once I begin chewing, I feel something crunchy.

Mangos aren't crunchy.

I try to get what it was, but because of reflex, I swallow it.

Well, there's nothing I can do now.

I go to bite my mango again, but then I see the chunk I bit off.

Oh, that's why it was crunchy. I bit into the seed.

"You didn't have to bite into it whole. I was gonna cut it for ya!" Mirio says, being a bit amused at my silly action.

"Whoa, you bit the seed too! Your teeth doesn't hurt?" Mirio
asks.

I shake my head. "It doesn't hurt, but eating the seed did feel weird."

He sits onto a stool next to me.

"Just to make sure you didn't cut your gums, say 'ahhh'." He says.

"Ahhhhhh."

Mirio checks, but doesn't see anything.